The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Official University of Winchester 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Winchester for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Winchester for 2021! I'm here to answer all your questions and post updates up until we start semester 1, next September!

Say hello and feel free to introduce yourself. Let us know what degree you are looking to study at Winchester!

It's an exciting time to join us as we have just finished our new West Downs campus building. I managed to see it in person recently and it is honestly an incredible building.

There is a quick taste of all of campuses and the city below

Luke
(edited 2 years ago)
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
A closer look at the new West Downs Building. I'm still yet to see the entire building myself, but from what I've seen, it's next level!

Luke
As well as looking at our website and talking to me here, it is also a great idea to talk to the Student Union and have a look at their website.

The union can do lots for you when you are a student here and also home to all of our societies and sports teams.

Their main website is here

The current sports are here

The current societies are here

Luke
Haven’t seen anyone post here yet so I guess I get to start it off 💞

I applied to Winchester on the 26th of October for the Animal Welfare and Society Course, was asked for additional info (to send in my certifications and stuff- mature + international student) on the 28th, just been waiting since then, there haven’t been any other updates yet! Really nervous and excited, I hope I get the offer, ngl I keep checking my email every few hours LOL
Original post by mojojojo25
Haven’t seen anyone post here yet so I guess I get to start it off 💞

I applied to Winchester on the 26th of October for the Animal Welfare and Society Course, was asked for additional info (to send in my certifications and stuff- mature + international student) on the 28th, just been waiting since then, there haven’t been any other updates yet! Really nervous and excited, I hope I get the offer, ngl I keep checking my email every few hours LOL

Update to this! They emailed me back yesterday to acknowledge my certificate submissions and I just got my offer!! ☺️ Very happy!
Anyone going to winchester uni starting in September 2021? I know not many people have even applied for unis yet but is there anyone from the 2020 applicants who deferred their place?
I deferred my place and I’m gonna be studying Film.
Original post by mojojojo25
Update to this! They emailed me back yesterday to acknowledge my certificate submissions and I just got my offer!! ☺️ Very happy!

Congratulations @mojojojo25 :biggrin: I'm really happy the admissions team were able to offer you a place, do you have any questions about the University or the City that I can help with? I see that you said you are an international student, so I'm more than happy to give information about Winchester itself, if you haven't had a chance to explore fully yet

Congrats again,

Luke
Hi! I applied to Winchester last year to study Film and I ended up deferring my accepted place to 2021 so I could save up money this year. I’m so excited! Has anyone applied to study Film here?
Hey I'm applying for Criminology and sociology. I currently take English Lit, sociology and psychology.
Original post by sophbrand31
Anyone going to winchester uni starting in September 2021? I know not many people have even applied for unis yet but is there anyone from the 2020 applicants who deferred their place?
I deferred my place and I’m gonna be studying Film.

Hi, I’ll be going next year deferred also, I’ll be studying creative writing :smile:
I’ve applied this year but it’s my firm so yeah I’ll be going in 2021 if all goes ok 😂. I’m going to study CompSci :smile:
Original post by katmorgan
Hi, I’ll be going next year deferred also, I’ll be studying creative writing :smile:

oh that’s cool! Are you planning on staying in halls?
oh that’s cool! Are you planning on staying in halls?

Yes I am but not sure which one I like most yet, are you?? Would like to know some people before starting tbh :smile:
Original post by katmorgan
Yes I am but not sure which one I like most yet, are you?? Would like to know some people before starting tbh :smile:

Same :smile: yeah I will be, I think I prefer queens out of them all
Same :smile: yeah I will be, I think I prefer queens out of them all

That’s my favourite one too!
Hiiii 👋🏻
(Didn’t see any chats on this soo, thought I’d make one)
Welcome to Winchesters applicants thread!✨

1) what are you applying for?
2) what do you like most about Winchester?
3) what other unis are you applying to?
4) what are your predicted grades?

I’ll start off by saying

Hi!! I’m applying for CompSci. The thing I like most is the surrounding area and how it’s quite small also very pretty! Also the accommodation is pretty nice wtf! I’m applying to Winchester, Warwick, Staffordshire, Bristol and Kent. My predicted grades are AAB

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
Hello!

Now we're all in the same thread, feel free to ask any questions you have about Winchester.

I see some conversation about the halls, so if you want to know about accommodation, ask away! I will also direct you this thread from last year about living on campus. The prices were for the previous academic, 21/22 hasn't been set yet, but everything else is up to date:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6339750

Luke
Hi, I've got an offer to study entertainment journalism. I'm also applying to Uni of Salford, Glasgow Caledonian and Edinburgh Napier. I'm doing a UAL Level 3 and predicted distinction.
Original post by University of Winchester
Hello!

Now we're all in the same thread, feel free to ask any questions you have about Winchester.

I see some conversation about the halls, so if you want to know about accommodation, ask away! I will also direct you this thread from last year about living on campus. The prices were for the previous academic, 21/22 hasn't been set yet, but everything else is up to date:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6339750

Luke

Hi! Is there any jobs on campus?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending