The Student Room Group

The Heskey Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
You aren't welcome.

Heskey's class. He's the reason we won. End of.
Most really pulled their weight. Was really not happy with A.Cole in the first half though. Missed the 2nd so will reserve judgement on that.
Reply 82
<CJ>
Most really pulled their weight. Was really not happy with A.Cole in the first half though. Missed the 2nd so will reserve judgement on that.

He's a cock. Bridge > Cole :cool:
Reply 83
woooo :p:
_MaLc_
He's a cock. Bale > Bridge > Cole :cool:

Truth.

I sometimes wonder if it's just the pace of Cole that keeps him in the side.

I do like Bale and am impressed most times I watch him, but don't see him often enough to know yet tbh. Damn him being Welsh :dry:
Reply 85
<CJ>
Truth.

I sometimes wonder if it's just the pace of Cole that keeps him in the side.

I do like Bale and am impressed most times I watch him, but don't see him often enough to know yet tbh. Damn him being Welsh :dry:

Damn it! You got it before the edit haha, I completely forgot about the Welshness til I posted :biggrin:
_MaLc_
Damn it! You got it before the edit haha, I completely forgot about the Welshness til I posted :biggrin:

Aha, sorry :p:

He'd certainly be pushing for that spot were he English :frown:
Overmars
He is an experienced player that could do the job. There was a time when people thought he'd end up being more than that, but now, he is what he is -- at best, a good Premier League striker. I don't see an awful lot wrong with him being in the squad.

Still early days, but I'm a little disappointed that Capello's falling for the same mistakes as McClaren did. I was hoping for a fresh approach -- giving youth a chance. Agbonlahor, Bentley, Ashley Young...they should be playing a bigger part.

Agreed though I think with Capello it might be more of a cultural thing. Having managed in Serie A for years on end.
Reply 88
Heskey was brilliant yesterday, lead the front line really well..... shame he didn't get a goal cause he deserved one.
Reply 90
On his day a world beater tbf.
I remember when he was more regular in the side and everyone kept putting any dip of form down to "lack of confidence". That always seemed right, and clearly in recent times when he's been given another shot he's given it his best. But we can't forget how he was when he was low on that confidence and in a comfort zone.

No reason he shouldn't be there so long as he can stay consistent this time around.
What a player. No wonder Steve Bruce loves him so much.
Reply 93
Heskey is barely a footballer. He is a launch player, playing for a launch team who should spend out his career remainder chasing long balls into trenches at the JJB.

If we must play a launch player in the team to latch onto Rio's pumped upfield launches, then it should be Kevin Davies: a better finisher, harder worker, and stronger player than Heskey.
DJ peskey heskey on stage

Reply 95
Heskey shows how fat can be turned into muscle.
His body shape is still that of a trapezium, except the long side is now at the top - muscular shoulders.

If only Brazil's Ronaldo had the same discipline.
It was reported about a month ago that Liverpool are interested in Zaki. What to believe? :gasp:
I hope Liverpool sign Heskey. A non-scoring striker is just what they need :yep:
Reply 99
(From BBC Sport) Wigan's England striker Emile Heskey is poised to rejoin Premier League title-chasers Liverpool later this month with boss Rafa Benitez set to make an offer of around £4m to land the player. (1227, Manchester Evening News)

Quick Reply

Latest