The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust US Programme 2021

Scroll to see replies

Ive not had mine either yet
havent had anything back yet so im guessing i didnt get in. congrats everyone who did!
Original post by hjonson
havent had anything back yet so im guessing i didnt get in. congrats everyone who did!

Same we still have tomorrow
Original post by Anonymous
Same we still have tomorrow

somehow i got in, got my email around 6ish
Original post by elsieaquila
Hi! i noticed two people have pmed me but i can’t reply back as i’m a new member
i’ll make an ig groupchat if you want?
here’s my insta : elss.xo
reply to this with your instas and i will make a groupchat!!😃

Add my insta _philip.13o
Lol.... I'm applying for Sutton Trust 2022 and I was just wondering if anyone has any must dos.
Original post by dangotes
Lol.... I'm applying for Sutton Trust 2022 and I was just wondering if anyone has any must dos.

ST cohort 5 here.

You gotta be special, lean on what makes you unique. You cannot be insecure
- Having said this do understand your competition and where you stand relative.
Seek the experience and what it will teach you, over college name / US appeal
Do / Go where you feel, what is natural is best. If you want to put in the work, you will.
Quality of quantity - only put down what you really, really care about. If you didn't grow from it or genuinely find it cool, leave it out
Original post by bant_bus
ST cohort 5 here.

You gotta be special, lean on what makes you unique. You cannot be insecure
- Having said this do understand your competition and where you stand relative.
Seek the experience and what it will teach you, over college name / US appeal
Do / Go where you feel, what is natural is best. If you want to put in the work, you will.
Quality of quantity - only put down what you really, really care about. If you didn't grow from it or genuinely find it cool, leave it out

Thank you so much for this advice. I'd love to get in contact with you maybe to get an outsider opinion on my essays. xo
Original post by dangotes
Thank you so much for this advice. I'd love to get in contact with you maybe to get an outsider opinion on my essays. xo

sure pm me
Original post by Afrrcyn
well yes, they said i wasn't good enough

did they say why :frown:
Original post by schi.bella
I agree... what's the worst that could happen? However, I'm particularly worried about my lack of extracurricular activities, how many would you say is enough? And also any general advice for us during the application period? Wishing you the best of luck with your applications to the american universities, I really hope it works out for you :smile:

Hiyaaaa! I was just wondering how the application went for you . I’m thinking of applying next year but I’m just not sure how the application goes ?
Original post by lilypod244
Hiyaaaa! I was just wondering how the application went for you . I’m thinking of applying next year but I’m just not sure how the application goes ?

Hi, hope you're doing well! I did end up getting in. It's not overly difficult to apply but it does take some time. My general advice is just to show how much you want the opportunity and how genuine you are. I would definitely say apply, you never know what might happen xxx
Original post by lilypod244

Hey, I’ve also been accepted. As long as you show your passion, academic, extra curricular and are willing to put the work (that will show through you whole application being competed) you’ll be fine. It’s very competitive so make sure you are committed because you need to put your all into it.
I JUS REALISED ON MY APPLICATION THAT I DIDNT PUT A YOUNG CARER WHEN I AM😭 is it too late to email them?
Reply 254
Original post by Anonymous #8
I JUS REALISED ON MY APPLICATION THAT I DIDNT PUT A YOUNG CARER WHEN I AM😭 is it too late to email them?

Email them ASAP, better late than never!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending