The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust US Programme 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know what time we'll get the email? I'm so nervous😭

They just say before
the end of the day? I'm guessing that means like by 5/6PM but could mean midnight .
Hi has anyone heard back yet? today is the day were supposed to know whether we got accepted, i haven’t got an email yet, so does that mean i didn’t get accepted, will i be emailed to be told my application was declined? if someone could reply would be great thanks!
Original post by elsieaquila
Hi has anyone heard back yet? today is the day were supposed to know whether we got accepted, i haven’t got an email yet, so does that mean i didn’t get accepted, will i be emailed to be told my application was declined? if someone could reply would be great thanks!

just realised people have already asked my question lmao 😭
Original post by schi.bella
Same, I’m really nervous 😭😭For me, I think my extracurriculars were my weakness but we’ll see🤷🏾*♀️

omg same dw i think i literally had 1 extracurricular and it wasn’t even good i didn’t have any awards or anything either so i’m really doubting myself rn😭plus the grades they wanted were so high, i barely passed my gcses as it is
You will get an email whether you get accepted or rejected. I haven’t had one yet but it says on the website in the FAQ section that we should expect them by the end of the day!
Did anybody else watch the video interviews that were on YouTube? They were so good compared to mine but I found it really hard to do. Anyway, I’m still hoping for the best!
Did anybody else watch the video interviews that were on YouTube? They were so good compared to mine but I found it really hard to do. Anyway, I’m still hoping for the best!

Wait? people can seem my interview video? i thought it was only them who could😳mine was awful 😭😭😭
Wait? people can seem my interview video? i thought it was only them who could😳mine was awful 😭😭😭

No! I’m sorry I didn’t mean that. If you put your video as unlisted then only the person who you sent the link to can see it. Some people out their videos on public throughout the past few year so everybody can see them. I thought this was very helpful and they all seemed so good.
No! I’m sorry I didn’t mean that. If you put your video as unlisted then only the person who you sent the link to can see it. Some people out their videos on public throughout the past few year so everybody can see them. I thought this was very helpful and they all seemed so good.

oh okay that’s fine then thankyou! but yes i just looked at a few and they all look so good!!
omg same dw i think i literally had 1 extracurricular and it wasn’t even good i didn’t have any awards or anything either so i’m really doubting myself rn😭plus the grades they wanted were so high, i barely passed my gcses as it is

I managed to get 5 ECs on there but 3 of them were so clearly waffle, things like a babysit my niece from time to time, which is true but Id hardly call it an EC, it's like an hour a month.

Honestly. I only submitted my video like and hour before the deadline, so I managed to watch most of them before submitting. Some of them were insanely good, confident, articulate, passionate etc. Mine was pure cringe mixed with a speech impediment.
Original post by LividOwl9
I managed to get 5 ECs on there but 3 of them were so clearly waffle, things like a babysit my niece from time to time, which is true but Id hardly call it an EC, it's like an hour a month.

yes i think mine was babysitting too!
Reply 72
Good luck guys
Good luck everyone, I'm done with lessons for the day so I've been watching a few of the YouTube videos for the past half hour lol. Looking to see who I will (hopefully) be on the programme with haha.
good luck everyone!! 💓💖💘
Anyone know what time decisions are released? I know it says by the end of the day, but does that mean by 5pm or midnight? In past years are they usually released earlier/later/a certain time? Rejections first/accpetances first etc?
Reply 76
Hey peopleeeee, I also applied this year, I have literally nothing to do with my day so I'm making sushi and refreshing my gmail lol. Anyone heard back yet?

I did and they were so good! I watched them right after I sent mine off and I was humbled loooool
Hey, I thought I’d create a feed for those applying to the Sutton Trust US Programme 2021! Who is else is thinking of applying? :smile:)

Has anyone been emailed yet ?
Reply 79
Original post by Maddymcg
Has anyone been emailed yet ?

nope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending