The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Forensic Accounting (University of South Wales)

Hi, I not long got an unconditional offer to study forensic accounting at the USW next year and I’m just wondering if anyone has any advice regarding the course, the university or if there’s anyone who has applied/confirmed a place for that course? Be nice to talk to some other students at that uni/course and meet possible classmates.
Reply 1
Hi I accepted my offer a few weeks ago for forensic accounting as well, you're the first person I know of doing the course
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Hi @JCornee and @Violet.Space, great to hear you have accepted your offers to study Forensic Accounting at the University of South Wales, we look forward to welcoming you to the university next year. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask them on here and I will get back to you. Many thanks Rebecca
Original post by University of South Wales
Hi @JCornee and @Violet.Space, great to hear you have accepted your offers to study Forensic Accounting at the University of South Wales, we look forward to welcoming you to the university next year. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask them on here and I will get back to you. Many thanks Rebecca

Hi @JCornee and @Violet.Space, please head over to the University of South Wales forum to post in the USW 2021 applicant thread, it is a great way to meet new class mates on your course before you start :smile: Rebecca
Original post by JCornee
Hi I accepted my offer a few weeks ago for forensic accounting as well, you're the first person I know of doing the course

Omg sorry just saw this 😂 but ye that’s why I posted something cuz it’s so hard to find people doing the course considering it’s not extremely popular/competitive. I’m also quite nervous as I don’t have any friends going to USW. Nice to have actually found someone
Reply 5
Original post by Violet.Space
Omg sorry just saw this 😂 but ye that’s why I posted something cuz it’s so hard to find people doing the course considering it’s not extremely popular/competitive. I’m also quite nervous as I don’t have any friends going to USW. Nice to have actually found someone

Yeah I've joined a Facebook group for applicants going to USW in September and no one has even heard of the course 😂. I get what you mean, I'll be 21 when we start and a 3 hours drive from my home so I definitely won't know anyone
Original post by JCornee
Yeah I've joined a Facebook group for applicants going to USW in September and no one has even heard of the course 😂. I get what you mean, I'll be 21 when we start and a 3 hours drive from my home so I definitely won't know anyone

I literally just found the page and requested to join today. I live in Cardiff so I’m not going too far however it’s still quite intimidating not knowing anyone since I’m gonna live in student accommodation (never been to treforest before either...) but let’s hope we can find more people. I joined an online open day and quite a few people seemed to be applying for the course
Reply 7
I literally just found the page and requested to join today. I live in Cardiff so I’m not going too far however it’s still quite intimidating not knowing anyone since I’m gonna live in student accommodation (never been to treforest before either...) but let’s hope we can find more people. I joined an online open day and quite a few people seemed to be applying for the course

Yeah it's still early days and the deadlines not for another couple of weeks so I'm sure we'll find more, yeah I'm looking at staying in Glamorgan court on campus, at least I know of one person going now. I've never actually been to Wales so chances are the first time I'll be there is when I'm moving in
Original post by JCornee
Yeah it's still early days and the deadlines not for another couple of weeks so I'm sure we'll find more, yeah I'm looking at staying in Glamorgan court on campus, at least I know of one person going now. I've never actually been to Wales so chances are the first time I'll be there is when I'm moving in

If you never been to Wales it appears you gonna get the whole package in treforest. The views are amazing as you can look over all the fields I believe (nothing special if you’re welsh 😂 but I hear people visiting like it) however it’s only a half hour train ride into Cardiff city centre. I don’t know much about it tho. Also ye I’m hoping that as it gets closer to results day, we can find more people taking the course as it’s gonna be quite a small amount of people (20 on average I heard from a lecturer there). Tbf I’m surprised I even found one 😂
Reply 9
If you never been to Wales it appears you gonna get the whole package in treforest. The views are amazing as you can look over all the fields I believe (nothing special if you’re welsh 😂 but I hear people visiting like it) however it’s only a half hour train ride into Cardiff city centre. I don’t know much about it tho. Also ye I’m hoping that as it gets closer to results day, we can find more people taking the course as it’s gonna be quite a small amount of people (20 on average I heard from a lecturer there). Tbf I’m surprised I even found one 😂

A lot of the views from my house are fields so at least I'll feel at home 😂 I kept meaning to sign up to one of the open days but my work kept getting in the way of it but I've researched enough to get an idea of the course and what I'm getting myself into. I'm just hoping there's a kind of normalcy to things so at least I won't just be locked up in my room alone and can meet new people
Original post by JCornee
A lot of the views from my house are fields so at least I'll feel at home 😂 I kept meaning to sign up to one of the open days but my work kept getting in the way of it but I've researched enough to get an idea of the course and what I'm getting myself into. I'm just hoping there's a kind of normalcy to things so at least I won't just be locked up in my room alone and can meet new people

Hi @JCornee HNY to you. Our next open day is this Saturday 9th January, if you wanted an update on the course from the lecturers. The link to book your place is below. If can help with anything else, please do let me know. Rebecca :smile:
https://www.southwales.ac.uk/open-days/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending