The Student Room Group

Student Finance Wales vs England

I'm not 100% sure on how student finance works so I might be asking a really dumb question but I'm applying to University of South Wales among other unis that aren't in Wales. Theoretically, could I apply for student finance Wales (because if you're studying there you apparently can, and they have the student finance cancellation scheme), as well as student finance England (since I might not 100% go to uni in Wales). Obviously, I wouldn't get a loan from both just whether I can apply to both?
The provider of your student finance is based on where you live before starting your course and not where your university is.

Do you live in England or Wales?
Reply 2
I live in England right now, but for Student Finance Wales it only matters if you'll be in Wales on the first day of term
Original post by _meg88
I live in England right now, but for Student Finance Wales it only matters if you'll be in Wales on the first day of term

That's about your Ordinary residence - where you would live if you weren't studying. If you're moving to Wales just to study then you would be funded by SFE not SFW

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending