The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach - Reserve list

I recently passed the interview for the Work Coach role(South West Wales area). I’ve got a funny feeling that I’m not going to get a job out of this. Anyone got any good or bad experience of being on the reserve list? I scored 29
Reply 1
I have been on reserve lists and offered a job, but also had it the other way around. I would feel more confident being on the reserve list for the current Work Coach recruitment than most other Civil Service roles, just down to the scale of this recruitment drive (it's huge).

I wouldn't advise waiting on it however. If you have other things in the pipeline or need a job badly for example. It really depends on your circumstances of course!
Original post by Student247247
I recently passed the interview for the Work Coach role(South West Wales area). I’ve got a funny feeling that I’m not going to get a job out of this. Anyone got any good or bad experience of being on the reserve list? I scored 29

Are you still on reserve list? Which area did you apply for?
Reply 3
Original post by Chloelouise960
Are you still on reserve list? Which area did you apply for?

Hello! Still on the reserve list haven’t heard anything. Applied for South West Wales. What about you?
Hello! Still on the reserve list haven’t heard anything. Applied for South West Wales. What about you?

I just got put on today was just wondering if this means a probs no or if I still have a chance at a position I applied for Birmingham
Reply 5
I just got put on today was just wondering if this means a probs no or if I still have a chance at a position I applied for Birmingham

Hi have you heard anything yet? I’ve just had an email to say I’m on the reserve list ☹️.
(edited 4 months ago)
Has anyone heard regarding the South East Wales intake yet?
Original post by Mrselh
Hi have you heard anything yet? I’ve just had an email to say I’m on the reserve list ☹️.

Hiya. Iv not heard anything yet, I emailed to find out where I am on the reserve list. If you go on the online chat you can ask them to request the information for you
Reply 8
Hiya. Iv not heard anything yet, I emailed to find out where I am on the reserve list. If you go on the online chat you can ask them to request the information for you

Did they actually let you know where you were on the reserve list?

They emailed me back to say they were going to request for that information and would get back to me soon
They emailed me back to say they were going to request for that information and would get back to me soon

It would be good to know wouldn’t it. I’ve just requested the same. Let me know if they do get back to you!
It would be good to know wouldn’t it. I’ve just requested the same. Let me know if they do get back to you!

I will do, they emailed me on the 30th November this is what they said….
“Good morning,
[start]Thank you for contacting the Resourcing Customer Hub,[/start]
[start]I have requested to find out where you on the reserve list, once we have an outcome you will be emailed in due course. Please keep checking your emails and spam.”[/start]
Reply 12
My partner received an email on Friday 5th January regarding the reserve list for Manchester 599 Campaign. A list of Job Centres with potential vacancies was given (different locations to the ones chosen on application), so now we are just waiting to hear back after putting forward preferences.
Reply 13
I was on the reserve list in south west wales , but for EO universal credit, not work coach.
I was only on it for around 3 weeks. I know that’s less than yourselves but regarding where you are on the list..
I got the lower end score of 24, I know people who scored higher than me that’s didn’t get a provisional offer from reserve list and I did.
I heard they were reviewing interviews based on their 500 words and judgment test rather than the interview score to send out offers on reserve list, not sure if this was an isolated case here.
Original post by Juliek908
I was on the reserve list in south west wales , but for EO universal credit, not work coach.
I was only on it for around 3 weeks. I know that’s less than yourselves but regarding where you are on the list..
I got the lower end score of 24, I know people who scored higher than me that’s didn’t get a provisional offer from reserve list and I did.
I heard they were reviewing interviews based on their 500 words and judgment test rather than the interview score to send out offers on reserve list, not sure if this was an isolated case here.

Thanks for your response! I had an email this week for a provisional offer for the work coach role! That seems a strange way to do it 😬 glad you got a role too though!
Thanks for your response! I had an email this week for a provisional offer for the work coach role! That seems a strange way to do it 😬 glad you got a role too though!

Congratulations!
Reply 16
I emailed them asking about my position on the reserve list & they replied me with this information. My number on reserve list is under 25. Don’t know if this is good or bad.
I applied for Solihull & Birmingham
Reply 17
Does anyone have any idea of how many people could be on the reserve list for EO role in Birmingham for November 2023 reserve list?
Yes I emailed them to find out where I am in the reserve list and got a response in week 10 days telling me my position on the reserve list. I applied for Birmingham & solihull. My position on reserve list is 28, don’t know if it is good or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending