The Student Room Group

Which uni is best?

I’m struggling to decide on which university would be a better firm choice for Computer Science..
Kent or Winchester? Which sounds better, see I like both the same but in terms of recognition and reputation which one would be best? I want to do a masters afterwards hopefully at a Russel group, unfortunately I did not have a STEM subject to initially apply to one which sucks so I’m hoping I could go later if I get a good degree..
My parents seem to prefer Winchester (because it sounds better and more higher class or whatever I don’t really get their logic) but Kent has TEF Gold which is good.
So basically I guess which university would get me further/open more doors? I would like to work somewhere like NCSC , MI5 or GCHQ which I know is pretty competitive-
Reply 1
Kent by a long way.
Original post by ajj2000
Kent by a long way.

Lol! Thank you :smile:
Original post by J_220S
I’m struggling to decide on which university would be a better firm choice for Computer Science..
Kent or Winchester? Which sounds better, see I like both the same but in terms of recognition and reputation which one would be best? I want to do a masters afterwards hopefully at a Russel group, unfortunately I did not have a STEM subject to initially apply to one which sucks so I’m hoping I could go later if I get a good degree..
My parents seem to prefer Winchester (because it sounds better and more higher class or whatever I don’t really get their logic) but Kent has TEF Gold which is good.
So basically I guess which university would get me further/open more doors? I would like to work somewhere like NCSC , MI5 or GCHQ which I know is pretty competitive-

Hey there! Just like you said, Kent's teaching has been rated GOLD by TEF, which is great for us students! Also for the computer science degree, the programme is taught by leading researchers who are experts in their fields which means you have the chance to explore a large choice of subjects, from artificial intelligence and computer security to parallel systems and mobile computing.
Also, this programme has full Chartered IT Professional (CITP) accreditation from BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT. I'd recommend doing further research for both universities so you can make a confident choice! :smile:. Here is a link to our program:https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/124/computer-science

Sabrina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending