The Student Room Group

Bristol vs Warwick vs Glasgow

Which is best for law and overall reputation?
thanks!
Original post by countofyork
thanks!

Hiya, what do you want to do for a career?
Why are you concerned about "overall reputation"?
Warwick can be the best
Warwick is probs the best in terms of law.
But Glasgows campus and facilities r amazing
And Bristol is stressful but everyone knows it's rlly posh and has a massive reputation of just being a great uni (more so for sciences than law tbh)
Original post by Roxibox123
And Bristol is stressful but everyone knows it's rlly posh and has a massive reputation of just being a great uni (more so for sciences than law tbh)
Do you have experience with all 3?:eek:
Original post by Amanda Mbekela
Warwick can be the best

It's actually not really that well known for law, so this isn't really accurate advice for OP specifically. Unless they wanted to go into investment banking it's probably the most marginal of the three.
Original post by 04MR17
Do you have experience with all 3?:eek:

Nah my friends go there tho. One of them goes to warwick for law the other goes to Bristol for bio and Glasgow for med I think
Original post by artful_lounger
It's actually not really that well known for law, so this isn't really accurate advice for OP specifically. Unless they wanted to go into investment banking it's probably the most marginal of the three.

Exactly!
I know Warwick is an outstanding uni, that much I'm aware of, but its law faculty isn't really as renowned as its Business or economics departments. That is the main reason why I'm a bit apprehensive about choosing it.

Glasgow's law school does really well in the law rankings and I love how ancient it is compared to Warwick which is relatively young (only fifty or so years old).

I'm leaning more towards Bristol as I hear it's quite prestigious in general and its law faculty is amongst the best in the UK. Plus the city is amazing and its law school building is breathtaking, compared to Warwick's which is a bit unimpressive, to be honest.
Still, I'm unsure and wouldn't want to regret not going to Warwick.

btw, I'm pursuing a master of laws degree, not an LLB if that helps.
Exactly!
I know Warwick is an outstanding uni, that much I'm aware of, but its law faculty isn't really as renowned as its Business or economics departments. That is the main reason why I'm a bit apprehensive about choosing it.

Glasgow's law school does really well in the law rankings and I love how ancient it is compared to Warwick which is relatively young (only fifty or so years old).

I'm leaning more towards Bristol as I hear it's quite prestigious in general and its law faculty is amongst the best in the UK. Plus the city is amazing and its law school building is breathtaking, compared to Warwick's which is a bit unimpressive, to be honest.
Still, I'm unsure and wouldn't want to regret not going to Warwick.

btw, I'm pursuing a master of laws degree, not an LLB if that helps.

Oh for an LLM things might be different, it really depends what you want to do afterwards. I gather an LLM isn't even especially needed/beneficial when applying to TCs for the solicitor route, for the Bar I believe it may be relevant/helpful in some cases and in that case you probably just want to go to the strongest law department possible, which is probably Bristol unless you're doing Scots law and plan to practice in Scotland (as a solicitor or advocate) in which case Glasgow might be more immediately relevant.

If you aren't planning to continue in the legal sector and are just trying to do a masters to get a "brand name uni" on your CV, then you should be aware a) as noted this only is relevant for IBanking/management consultancy and b) the only relevant uni for that in your list is Warwick.
thanks!

I am sure this is over but Bristol is the best out of all of them. The standard offer being A*AA, it requires the LNAT and it is much more regarded for Law Historically. Warwick is second being a much younger uni mainly known for maths/ econ, Glasgow is a solid uni but I believe it teaches scots law
Original post by Roxibox123
Are you stupid, Bristol law school is better than warwick its one of its flagship courses,
Reply 11
thanks!
The rankings for law specifically go Glasgow, Bristol then Warwick. Warwick does have a better overall reputation though. Personally, I myself am struggling on if i should firm Bristol or Warwick for law. LLB
Reply 12
Original post by username3901016
I am sure this is over but Bristol is the best out of all of them. The standard offer being A*AA, it requires the LNAT and it is much more regarded for Law Historically. Warwick is second being a much younger uni mainly known for maths/ econ, Glasgow is a solid uni but I believe it teaches scots law

Glasgow also has a common law program.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending