The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford - Peel Park Accommodation

Before booking for an accommodation, I would like to know how is Peel Park, and if the bronze accommodation is good to live in.
Original post by Bee54
Before booking for an accommodation, I would like to know how is Peel Park, and if the bronze accommodation is good to live in.

Hi @Bee54,

You may want to chat to our students on UniBuddy as there's lots of them that have lived in accommodation. All the rooms have the same facilities (en-suite, 3/4 bed, desk, storage etc) its just that bronze are typically smaller rooms on lower floors, and you don't get a chair/sofa to relax on.

There's lots of independent reviews/room tours on YouTube to have a look at too!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Alison
University of Salford
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by Bee54

Hi, I am planning to go Salford and looking into peel park accommodation too!! But silver or Gold
Reply 3
Original post by University of Salford
Hi @Bee54,

You may want to chat to our students on UniBuddy as there's lots of them that have lived in accommodation. All the rooms have the same facilities (en-suite, 3/4 bed, desk, storage etc) its just that bronze are typically smaller rooms on lower floors, and you don't get a chair/sofa to relax on.

There's lots of independent reviews/room tours on YouTube to have a look at too!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Alison
University of Salford

Thank you so much, I’ll surely do it!
I don’t really mind about the size as long as it is hospitable and decent.
Original post by Bee54

Hi @Bee54 and @Simiesther,

Hope you're both doing well :smile:

Our Peel Park Quarter accommodation is brilliant, exactly how it looks in the pictures!

I lived in a Gold room in first year and stayed in a Bronze room when I was working on campus last summer, and I had a great experience both times. The only differences between the two rooms were a bit of space and an armchair (which I mostly used as a dumping ground for clothes - oops!).

Bookings for September opened this week, so I hope you've both secured your places! :wink:

Sophie - Student Ambassador
Reply 5
Hi! Do you have any idea when bookings will open for the September 2023 intake? Many thanks!
Original post by JillT72
Hi! Do you have any idea when bookings will open for the September 2023 intake? Many thanks!

Hey @JillT72!

As our Peel Park Quarter and John Lester/Eddie Colman accommodations are run by a separate company (Campus Living Villages) and not the University ourselves, we unfortunately don't have an exact date for them opening bookings. What we can advise is that its usually around the end of February/beginning of March, but if you've made an application to study with us and have been given an offer we'll email out when they announce they're open for bookings! Would definitely advise checking in on their website here from around mid Feb just to keep in the know. From previous years I know the rooms can fill up quite quickly, so its definitely worth keeping an eye out for any emails or website changes!

Its a really lovely accommodation to stay in - you can obviously see photos on their webpage, but I can definitely say its really homely! I like the fact all the Peel Park Quarter flats have living room spaces - just makes it feel more like home than seats around a kitchen table!

All the best!
Becky
University of Salford Rep
Reply 7
Original post by University of Salford
Hey @JillT72!

As our Peel Park Quarter and John Lester/Eddie Colman accommodations are run by a separate company (Campus Living Villages) and not the University ourselves, we unfortunately don't have an exact date for them opening bookings. What we can advise is that its usually around the end of February/beginning of March, but if you've made an application to study with us and have been given an offer we'll email out when they announce they're open for bookings! Would definitely advise checking in on their website here from around mid Feb just to keep in the know. From previous years I know the rooms can fill up quite quickly, so its definitely worth keeping an eye out for any emails or website changes!

Its a really lovely accommodation to stay in - you can obviously see photos on their webpage, but I can definitely say its really homely! I like the fact all the Peel Park Quarter flats have living room spaces - just makes it feel more like home than seats around a kitchen table!

All the best!
Becky

Hi Becky

Thanks so much! It’s for my son actually. He’s had an unconditional offer to study Criminology (he already has his grades) which he is definitely going to be accepting. We’ll keep an eye out.
Thanks again!
Original post by JillT72
Hi Becky

Thanks so much! It’s for my son actually. He’s had an unconditional offer to study Criminology (he already has his grades) which he is definitely going to be accepting. We’ll keep an eye out.
Thanks again!

Hey @JillT72,

Ahh amazing news! Massive congrats to him, that's a fantastic achievement :biggrin: we'll be starting up our offer holder visit days soon, which he may have already been invited to (or may not yet - not 100% sure on the email schedule off the top of my head!) - hopefully we'll either see him or see you both there! We have a fab Criminology ambassador who I know would be more than happy to chat with him about the course if he does plan to come along :biggrin:

All the best,
Becky
Reply 9
Any idea when bookings will open this year (2023) for the September intake? Thanks!
Original post by JillT72
Any idea when bookings will open this year (2023) for the September intake? Thanks!

Hi @JillT72,

Ahhh sorry no - the accommodation isn't run by ourselves, but by a separate company (Campus Living Villages) - so we don't set the date. Bookings tend to open around the end of February/beginning of March but, if you've applied to us, we'll email you to announce when they open for bookings so keep an eye on the email you've provided to us :smile::smile::smile: Hope this helps!

All the best,

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending