The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Google Drive-link:
Unit 3 Notes- Edexcel IAL
Reply 2
Thanks! Any tips on how to solve unit 3 past paper?
Reply 3
Glad to help!
To be honest, I think Unit 3 is the easiest if compared to Unit 1 and 2.
The time is plenty as well, I didn't feel short of time in Unit 3 which I certainly felt for Unit 1/2.
And you can score really well in unit 3, I mean full UMS. Yes that's possible mate!

However, make sure that you know how the experiments are practically performed by watching the videos. Although notes are helpful as well but videos will help you remember the practical more vividly.
There are video links in the notes, I have compiled.

Also, go through the specification for Unit 3 and ensure you ensure you know what each point has to say.
Moreover, you should know how to calculate percentage uncertainties and other calculations which are essential for unit 3.
Also, things are like how to improve experiments are important as well.
You should know by heart how to perform an experiment, that's the key.

Until, you can't explain the experiment to yourself or anyone else on a blank piece of paper without any supporting paper.
Then you won't able to do so in the exam as well. --
! This technique works for the all units and all the subjects !

If you further need any help, fell free to ask.
Reply 4
Original post by abdullahAK
Glad to help!
To be honest, I think Unit 3 is the easiest if compared to Unit 1 and 2.
The time is plenty as well, I didn't feel short of time in Unit 3 which I certainly felt for Unit 1/2.
And you can score really well in unit 3, I mean full UMS. Yes that's possible mate!

However, make sure that you know how the experiments are practically performed by watching the videos. Although notes are helpful as well but videos will help you remember the practical more vividly.
There are video links in the notes, I have compiled.

Also, go through the specification for Unit 3 and ensure you ensure you know what each point has to say.
Moreover, you should know how to calculate percentage uncertainties and other calculations which are essential for unit 3.
Also, things are like how to improve experiments are important as well.
You should know by heart how to perform an experiment, that's the key.

Until, you can't explain the experiment to yourself or anyone else on a blank piece of paper without any supporting paper.
Then you won't able to do so in the exam as well. --
! This technique works for the all units and all the subjects !

If you further need any help, fell free to ask.

Thanks! I've done U1 and 2 already and I think they went well, however I did a u3 paper today and I was messing up in the uncertainty Qs. Probably cuz Im homeschooled and those things weren't in the textbook. And this was my first paper, InshaAllah I'll improve in a week and do well.
Reply 5
Original post by abdullahAK
Google Drive-link:
Unit 3 Notes- Edexcel IAL

can u send it again tonight/
please
Original post by abdullahak
hey everyone, i have compiled notes from different sources for edexcel ial unit 3, i don't know if there is a place for uploading notes on tsr, if there is let me know.
The notes pdf is down below.
help plz the link isnt opening again
Original post by fathina
can u send it again tonight/
please

did you get it???!!!
Original post by Yousseferfan
did you get it???!!!

can you send me it me pls
Original post by ali777777787888
can you send me it me pls

did you get it? i couldnt