The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Mature student

Have anyone studied Forensic Investigation as a mature student?
At what age would you say it would be difficult in finding employment after gaining your degree? I will be 38 when starting this degree and therfore worried about finding employment when I have completed this as I would be at the grand age of 41🙄, any help would be great.
Hello!

I'm not a forensic investigation student however I will say there are many mature students at the university (one of my coursemates is in her 50s!) many people change careers and i don't believe that its too late to get into that as a career, thats still 20 years of working before retirement at least! we have a mature students fb group if you'd like to join it just search USW mature students on Facebook!
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Reply 2
Original post by leannemellisa
Hello!

I'm not a forensic investigation student however I will say there are many mature students at the university (one of my coursemates is in her 50s!) many people change careers and i don't believe that its too late to get into that as a career, thats still 20 years of working before retirement at least! we have a mature students fb group if you'd like to join it just search USW mature students on Facebook!

Great, thank you, I will definitely have a look at this fb group too! 🙂x
Original post by Natasha84
Have anyone studied Forensic Investigation as a mature student?
At what age would you say it would be difficult in finding employment after gaining your degree? I will be 38 when starting this degree and therfore worried about finding employment when I have completed this as I would be at the grand age of 41🙄, any help would be great.

Hi @Natasha84, many of our students who come to study with us are mature students. I know of a nursing student who was 58 when he started the course, so you have plenty of years of employment left in you! Have a look under careers on this link to find out employment opportunities following graduation from this course https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses/bsc-hons-forensic-investigation/. If you wanted to talk to one of the lecturers to find our more about career progression, our next open day is on 24th April where you will be able to ask these questions. The link to book your place is here https://www.southwales.ac.uk/open-days/ I hope this helps Rebecca :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you, really appreciate the reply. I will most definitely book a place for the open day🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending