The Student Room Group

Mature students

Any mature students out there planning to go to university in 2025 or 2026? There seems to be only one mature student college in Oxford but it doesn't offer my course. Has any one else found the same? Would love to hear from some fellow travellers?
Original post by eis20
Any mature students out there planning to go to university in 2025 or 2026? There seems to be only one mature student college in Oxford but it doesn't offer my course. Has any one else found the same? Would love to hear from some fellow travellers?

Worth bearing in mind all colleges accept mature undergraduate students, it's just that there's just the one college which only accepts mature students for undergraduate degrees at Oxford though. So if it doesn't offer your course you could just do it at one of the other colleges - you'd just be spending a lot more time with the younger people on your course and others :smile:

Might be worth bearing in mind Cambridge has three (I think now anyway) mature colleges which between them I think offer most if not all courses at Cambridge, so might be worth looking into there too!
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Worth bearing in mind all colleges accept mature undergraduate students, it's just that there's just the one college which only accepts mature students for undergraduate degrees at Oxford though. So if it doesn't offer your course you could just do it at one of the other colleges - you'd just be spending a lot more time with the younger people on your course and others :smile:

Might be worth bearing in mind Cambridge has three (I think now anyway) mature colleges which between them I think offer most if not all courses at Cambridge, so might be worth looking into there too!

Thank you for this. Yes - I was all set to apply to Cambridge but because I already have an undergraduate degree they charge more than double the normal tuition fees and that does not include accommodation or board! If I do apply to Oxford and get in I'm just wondering what it would be like sharing accommodation and/or meals with students younger than my daughter (yes I am quite a mature student).
Original post by eis20
Thank you for this. Yes - I was all set to apply to Cambridge but because I already have an undergraduate degree they charge more than double the normal tuition fees and that does not include accommodation or board! If I do apply to Oxford and get in I'm just wondering what it would be like sharing accommodation and/or meals with students younger than my daughter (yes I am quite a mature student).

That seems a sensible reason to look at Oxford instead! :biggrin:

Well worth bearing in mind most universities don't have special glorified halls of residence just for mature undergrads anyway and they just have to slot in with all the younger students regardless! It's very possible at those other unis so I'm sure it's manageable at Oxford as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending