The Student Room Group

Nursing finance help

I’m studying nursing starting this September and I qualify for the NHS bursary (grant isn’t an option in Wales). However because of this I have a reduced maintenance loan, which won’t even cover accommodation fees.

Does the NHS bursary just pay for course fees or is it partly for living costs too? If not, can I back out of the bursary (hasn’t been granted, but is showing as ‘pending’). I’d have to change my student finance Wales application too.

I’m really stressed so any advice would really help :smile:
You can apply for the £5,000 nhs learning support fund. Not a bursary, that is different. The nhs support learning fund is not means tested where I believe the bursary is. You will get the full £5.000 amount from the nhs every year you are at university. You do not have to pay this back unless you drop out. You need to apply for this though. I am pretty sure this will be allocated once you confirm your results etc on results day. This can go towards your maintenance/living costs if the maintenance you are entitled to is not enough.
Reply 2
Original post by Kelivesy
You can apply for the £5,000 nhs learning support fund. Not a bursary, that is different. The nhs support learning fund is not means tested where I believe the bursary is. You will get the full £5.000 amount from the nhs every year you are at university. You do not have to pay this back unless you drop out. You need to apply for this though. I am pretty sure this will be allocated once you confirm your results etc on results day. This can go towards your maintenance/living costs if the maintenance you are entitled to is not enough.

As I receive the NHS bursary I am not eligible for the learning support grant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending