The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Uni Doctors

So I've been at NTU for the past couple years and I've only had bad experiences with both Sunrise Medical Practice and Radford Medical Practice/Student Health Centre
Especially in terms of mental health. It annoys me that uni promote/are linked to these GP's whilst also preaching about how important mental health is.

The first time I went to sunrise about my mental health issues a doctor told me I can't be depressed because I got into uni....how does getting into uni mean you don't have a mental illness 😂 (especially since my notes show I have a history and the fact I started uni 2 years later because of my mental illness + I was diagnosed with depression already)

Has anyone actually had any good experience with these doctors and what do you think about uni being connected to them? I feel bad for freshers being directed to use them but I also don't know if my negative experiences are just one off's but I know from my friends they've experienced a similar thing.

Idk I'm just kind of irritated with uni that they direct us to use these tbh

I'm interested to know others experiences and I'm thinking of changing doctors (I'm currently with radford bc I moved from Clifton into City) - any suggestions of GP surgeries would be great 😊
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I suggest you stop trolling

?? I'm not 😅
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
I suggest you stop trolling

huh?
Reply 3
They might not be a troll but I think they are because they have these unnecessary laughing emojis

ohh
I didn't realise that was the issue - it's just something I do sorry
Reply 4
Also I wouldn't troll about mental health
I was kinda just asking for what other people thought about our uni doctors and if anyone had any recommendations for other doctors in Notts
I was kinda just asking for what other people thought about our uni doctors and if anyone had any recommendations for other doctors in Notts

i used to live in notts... and i did have a good doctor only issue is they are UoN connected - cripps is the name if i recall correctly
Reply 6
Original post by AmIReallyHere
i used to live in notts... and i did have a good doctor only issue is they are UoN connected - cripps is the name if i recall correctly

Thanks! I'll have a look and see if they accept non UoN students :smile:

Ignore that person - they are the troll here (they have a habit of coming into threads and accusing people of being trolls for no reason).

I have no experience with GPs in Notts, but my experience with surgeries is that it is better to register with one that is away from the uni campus and does not see a lot of uni students. Maybe try another surgery a bit further away?
Reply 8
Original post by black tea
Ignore that person - they are the troll here (they have a habit of coming into threads and accusing people of being trolls for no reason).

I have no experience with GPs in Notts, but my experience with surgeries is that it is better to register with one that is away from the uni campus and does not see a lot of uni students. Maybe try another surgery a bit further away?

ohh thank you 😅

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, it is strange to me though that a lot of uni students struggle with mental illness so you would assume the GP's would be good at dealing with it
ohh
I didn't realise that was the issue - it's just something I do sorry

Fine, I believe you
Thanks! I'll have a look and see if they accept non UoN students :smile:

Technically I wasn't a UoN student and they accepted me (although my dad worked for DABE and we lived in the houses nearby so aksds) - good luck with it, if not that one, I hope you find one better than NTUs <3
Original post by AmIReallyHere
Technically I wasn't a UoN student and they accepted me (although my dad worked for DABE and we lived in the houses nearby so aksds) - good luck with it, if not that one, I hope you find one better than NTUs <3

Thank you!
I had a look on the website and I don't think I'm even in the catchment area as I'm right in the city centre
But thank you! I hope I do too 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending