The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Marine biology bangor

My son wants to study marine biology and is interested in going to Bangor. We think the faculty is amazing but not that impressed with the rest of the uni compared to others. Any comments? Anyone been?
Original post by Sue hopper
My son wants to study marine biology and is interested in going to Bangor. We think the faculty is amazing but not that impressed with the rest of the uni compared to others. Any comments? Anyone been?

Hi @Sue hopper,

I think I might just have responded to another post of yours. As mentioned you can chat to some current students to discover their experiences on our website www.bangor.ac.uk/unibuddy. I'd also recommend signing up to an open day www.bangor.ac.uk/visit. We have quite a few virtual and on campus events coming up and it's a great way to see the University and chat to other members or staff and students outside the subject area. We usually have the Students Union, Accommodation, Finance, Admissions and Student Support teams on hand to help answer any questions you may have as well as current students who can share their experiences.

If there is any questions I can help with please do let me know :smile:
Rhian
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi @Sue hopper,

I think I might just have responded to another post of yours. As mentioned you can chat to some current students to discover their experiences on our website www.bangor.ac.uk/unibuddy. I'd also recommend signing up to an open day www.bangor.ac.uk/visit. We have quite a few virtual and on campus events coming up and it's a great way to see the University and chat to other members or staff and students outside the subject area. We usually have the Students Union, Accommodation, Finance, Admissions and Student Support teams on hand to help answer any questions you may have as well as current students who can share their experiences.

If there is any questions I can help with please do let me know :smile:
Rhian

Thank you very much. Will do
Reply 3
Original post by Sue hopper

Hello.

I'm currently a student at Bangor studying Marine Bio.

My first year was excellent. Couldn't fault it. The staff were attentive, the facilities were fantastic, I enjoyed spending time with the sports and social clubs etc. It was generally a great place to be. However, things have gone downhill quite a bit since Covid struck. Some of the problems have been outside of the university's control, others have not. The ones in their control have left me feeling ignored and let down.

If you desire, I will elaborate further via message. I think it's fair that you get a view of the failures as well as the positives (as I presume unibuddy would ignore the failures).

Thanks,
JLY
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by JLY75IV
Hello.

My first year was excellent. Couldn't fault it. The staff were attentive, the facilities were fantastic, I enjoyed spending time with the sports and social clubs etc. It was generally a great place to be. However, things have gone downhill quite a bit since Covid struck. Some of the problems have been outside of the university's control, others have not. The ones in their control have left me feeling ignored and let down.

If you desire, I will elaborate further via message. I think it's fair that you get a view of the failures as well as the positives (as I presume unibuddy would ignore the failures).

Thanks,
JLY

So sorry Covid/Bangor has spoilt what should have been a great experience. My son wants to go nx year, loves the course but not sure about Bangor overall. Would really appreciate more detail
Original post by JLY75IV
Hello.

Thanks,
JLY

Hi @JLY75IV,

Thank you for responding, it's great to have views from other students as well as those we have helping us out on the UniBuddy platform. As you mentioned it's been a difficult year with Covid and we have had to work around what the Welsh Government sets as guidance to try and deliver the best possible experience whilst keeping our students safe. I'm sorry to hear that you feel ignored and let down, if you would like to have more of a chat about this I'd be happy to listen and see if there is any way I can help you. You can send me a DM here or if you send me a private message with your email I'll respond via email.

At the moment it's looking positive for a return to face to face teaching for most subject areas in September and with the Brailsford Sport Centre handed back to the University this month after being a field hospital over the past few months we're also looking forward to sports re-staring. You can take a look at all the latest plans for September on our website - https://www.bangor.ac.uk/about/coronavirus.

As mentioned if you do want to have a chat about your experience please do let me know.
Rhian
Reply 6

Quick Reply

Latest