The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Official Bangor University 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Bangor University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Applied for Zoology & Marine Biology MSCI, currently studying City & Guilds Animal Management level 3, predicted D*DD. Already sent off application but haven't had any sort of reply including acknowledgement email.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by Cheezu
Applied for Zoology & Marine Biology MSCI, currently studying City & Guilds Animal Management level 3, predicted D*DD. Already sent off application but haven't had any sort of reply including acknowledgement email.

Congratulations on getting your application in :smile: Hopefully you hear back soon!
Reply 3
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Congratulations on getting your application in :smile: Hopefully you hear back soon!

Thanks, had to submit it in early cause 2 choices were for Vet Med. I also hope to hear back soon but not expecting anything as I haven’t even received an acknowledgment email.
Daughters applying for zoology with animal behaviour . Shes studying Biology, Geography and Psychology A level.
She visited the open day a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it :smile:
Reply 5
Received my offer last night for the Zoology & Marine Biology Msci I referred to earlier in this thread :u: DDD offer and 4 merits
Original post by Cheezu
Received my offer last night for the Zoology & Marine Biology Msci I referred to earlier in this thread :u: DDD offer and 4 merits

Amazing well done :smile: did you have to have an interview? my youngest is applying for zoology
Reply 7
Original post by Ghostlady
Amazing well done :smile: did you have to have an interview? my youngest is applying for zoology

Nope :smile: Applied the 15th
Original post by Cheezu
Nope :smile: Applied the 15th

Wow thats really quick they got back to you :smile: I dont think she will be submitting her application yet until mid to end of November as shes still got a bit to do on it, and her school was concentrating on gettting the oxbridge /vets applications done before half term.
Hey I've applied for Zoology and Zoology with conservation here. I'm currently on the City & Guilds Level 3 Animal Management and predicted MMM (sadly, I can do 10x better) but I'm hoping to hear back soon once my tutor has wrote my reference
Original post by chels_ej
Hey I've applied for Zoology and Zoology with conservation here. I'm currently on the City & Guilds Level 3 Animal Management and predicted MMM (sadly, I can do 10x better) but I'm hoping to hear back soon once my tutor has wrote my reference

Hi, I'm on the same course, lol! I've got an offer from them already so if it's any solace, they definitely do accept the C&G qualification. I sent my application quite early though, during the 15th Oct deadline.
Daughters applying for zoology with animal behaviour . Shes studying Biology, Geography and Psychology A level.

Update - offer on BBC/112 ucas (shes also doing EPQ)
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Bangor University for 2023!

Ice breaker questions:

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

i’ve applied for sociology, criminology and criminal justice (and got accepted slayy). im currently studying sociology, politics and english lit lang :smile: predicted a BCC 💪
Currently in a gap year in my home city Sheffield, applied for Bangor Environmental Conservation during my A-Levels and am definitely going, scraped passes in English Lit, Geography and Biology

Very keen to meet friends and join societies (pokemon go and the knit and natter groups seem ideal to me) when I eventually get there in September and was hoping this thread could be a headstart on making friends!
I’ve just sent my application off for Medical Science! I’m on a gap year but did Biology, Chemistry & Psychology getting ADA
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

I applied and got an offer for Comuter science and I am currently studying ICT, Business and history :smile:
Original post by grace2023
I’ve just sent my application off for Medical Science! I’m on a gap year but did Biology, Chemistry & Psychology getting ADA

Not on a gap year but also applied for Medical Science! Already got an conditional offer for 88 UCAS points :smile: I'm doing the same three A Levels as well! Hope it goes well for you
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 17
Hi, daughter has applied for wildlife conservation and received an offer. However she is concerned about how quiet the area is and worried she might get bored. What do students do between lectures and during the day at weekends etc?
Plus are there many part time jobs for students locally to the University?
(edited 1 year ago)

Hi there! I am a first year zoology with primatology student at Bangor and we all do the same course first year so I can tell you she will love every second!
Original post by chels_ej

You are gonna love it here!

Quick Reply

Latest