The Student Room Group

Chances of receiving an offer with A*A*AA predictions for CS in the following unis?

What are my chances of receiving an offer with A* A* A A predictions in the following universities for Computer Science?

My A*A*AA predictions are in Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Physics respectively.
- UCL (A*A*A)
- Warwick (A*A*A)
- King's (A*A*A)
- Bath (A*AA)
- Manchester (A*A*A*)
- Birmingham (AAA)
- Queen Mary (AAB)
By the way, I know I can't apply to all 7 universities, but I still haven't made up my mind yet of the final 5 to apply to so I just put the 7 I'm considering here.
I know none of you can predict the future, but I just want to know my chances.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by iamvis
My A*A*AA predictions are in Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Physics respectively.
- UCL (A*A*A)
- Warwick (A*A*A)
- King's (A*A*A)
- Bath (A*AA)
- Manchester (A*A*A*)
- Birmingham (AAA)
- Queen Mary (AAB)
By the way, I know I can't apply to all 7 universities, but I still haven't made up my mind yet of the final 5 to apply to so I just put the 7 I'm considering here.

Which degree?
Original post by Muttley79
Which degree?

computer science. sorry my title got cut off
Original post by iamvis
What are my chances of receiving an offer with A* A* A A predictions in the following universities for Computer Science?

- UCL (A*A*A)
- Warwick (A*A*A)
- King's (A*A*A)
- Bath (A*AA)
- Manchester (A*A*A*)
- Birmingham (AAA)
- Queen Mary (AAB)

tbh the unis that want two A*s meets your predictions so i see no harm , i would put Queen Mary or Birmingham as a back up though just in case but I don't see a issue or why you wouldn't get in?
Reply 4
I’ve seen people with stronger grades get rejected from UCL CS, it’s not very predictable
Original post by iamvis

- UCL (A*A*A)
- Warwick (A*A*A)
- King's (A*A*A)
- Bath (A*AA)
- Manchester (A*A*A*)
- Birmingham (AAA)
- Queen Mary (AAB)

I don't think Manchester want A*A*A*?
The grades are honestly just a benchmark, what will make a big difference is your personal statement
Original post by awc14
I’ve seen people with stronger grades get rejected from UCL CS, it’s not very predictable

yeah thats whats making me worried
Original post by iamvis
computer science. sorry my title got cut off

Too many [5] with the same sort of standard offer - are you opting for a year in industry?

I think it'll depend on your PS/reference and if you meet GCSE requirements
Original post by ageshallnot
I don't think Manchester want A*A*A*?

they do. i believe that they upped their requirements this year.
Original post by Greyscale

You're correct, they do indeed! My doubt came from looking mistakenly at the contextual offer.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Muttley79
Too many [5] with the same sort of standard offer - are you opting for a year in industry?

I think it'll depend on your PS/reference and if you meet GCSE requirements

yeah im doing year in industry
For the A*A*A unis I would say around 50%. They are typically oversubscribed with very academically strong candidates, so consider your PS and super-curriculars far more than standard courses.

Which isn't to say that you shouldn't apply, but maybe consider them as aspirational choices even though your predictions are in line with their standard offers.
Reply 13
Original post by Admit-One
For the A*A*A unis I would say around 50%. They are typically oversubscribed with very academically strong candidates, so consider your PS and super-curriculars far more than standard courses.

Which isn't to say that you shouldn't apply, but maybe consider them as aspirational choices even though your predictions are in line with their standard offers.

it varies massively from the course to the uni themselves, I know 50% is ballpark but it may be quite misleading.
Original post by awc14
it varies massively from the course to the uni themselves, I know 50% is ballpark but it may be quite misleading.

I’m familiar with CS admissions staff at one of the unis involved, so it’s a reasonably qualified guesstimate.

The actual offer rate may be way lower than 2:1. The point I was making is that it is by no means a certainty just because an applicant’s predictions are in line, hence my comment about them being aspirational.
Reply 15
Original post by Admit-One
I’m familiar with CS admissions staff at one of the unis involved, so it’s a reasonably qualified guesstimate.

The actual offer rate may be way lower than 2:1. The point I was making is that it is by no means a certainty just because an applicant’s predictions are in line, hence my comment about them being aspirational.

Oh yeah for sure
Original post by Greyscale

Yes, every top uni upped their requirements this year due to last year's COVID mess and grade inflation caused serious admission problems. Many are offered differed entry this year (with some bursary too!).
(edited 2 years ago)
please tell me did u get into any of those cuz im in same situation.... ??? help boss
Original post by username5852290

- UCL (A*A*A)
- Warwick (A*A*A)
- King's (A*A*A)
- Bath (A*AA)
- Manchester (A*A*A*)
- Birmingham (AAA)
- Queen Mary (AAB)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending