The Student Room Group

Brooklyn 99 or friends?

Which one in your opinion is better?

I say friends only just though.

And don't say that both are rubbish because this poll is not about that.

Scroll to see replies

Brooklyn 99. I can’t tolerate the forced laugh track on friends
Reply 2
i loved both but going to say friends because its definitely the one i go back to all the time for cheering up.
A switched off TV.
Original post by Ahjjjkkk
Brooklyn 99. I can’t tolerate the forced laugh track on friends

Fair enough why not watch it on mute but with subtitles on and mute out the canned laughter.
Original post by nsnsjss
i loved both but going to say friends because its definitely the one i go back to all the time for cheering up.

Ah a person qith taste haha. Nice one 🙂
Brooklyn 99!

It is almost blasphemy to compare this series with Friends. Brooklyn 99 has no laugh tracks and is funny, Friends instead has laugh tracks and is not funny.
Original post by Kallisto
Brooklyn 99!

It is almost blasphemy to compare this series with Friends. Brooklyn 99 has no laugh tracks and is funny, Friends instead has laugh tracks and is not funny.

One was filmed in california and called Brooklyn 99 so yeah not real good is it. Also anyone with a brain cell knows that friends is hilarious. To be honest brooklyn 99 has a lot of liberalism in it and to be honest I don't like it. But you use the word blasphemy you can not say that. I would say may god have mercy on your soul but there is no saving people who use derogatory words and do not regret them.
Original post by ROTL94
A switched off TV.

Glad i'm not the only one!
Original post by Kentinho99
Which one in your opinion is better?

I say friends only just though.

And don't say that both are rubbish because this poll is not about that.

Brooklyn 99 is just superior in almost every way it makes me laugh out loud every episode and al the characters are really likeable which isn't the case with friends (I'm looking at you Ross) I just love it.
I love both series. Friends are already classics and probably in most cases funnier, with a deeper history. But Brooklyn is also a very cool show.
Original post by Bronfenbrennerzy

Original post by jonathanemptage
Brooklyn 99 is just superior in almost every way it makes me laugh out loud every episode and al the characters are really likeable which isn't the case with friends (I'm looking at you Ross) I just love it.

Afe you kidding me. All of the characters in friends are super relatable. Can you relate to Gina or Boyle or even Bill?? Really, really?
Original post by Obadiah Thomas
I love both series. Friends are already classics and probably in most cases funnier, with a deeper history. But Brooklyn is also a very cool show.

A man with taste. Respect to you sir.
Reply 13
Friends. Purely because I’ve watched every episode of friends numerous times but I’ve never really gotten into Brooklyn 99. I’m sure if I watched it more than just a random clip/ episode then I’d probably quite like it.
Afe you kidding me. All of the characters in friends are super relatable. Can you relate to Gina or Boyle or even Bill?? Really, really?

to an extent I can relate to some of their situations not Gina so much butte is meant to be unreliable that why she's funny and boyle seems like th uncool kid at school who was totally m and then i got cool friends again like Boyle os yeah I can.
Original post by Bronfenbrennerzy

No, you're not the only one at all, in fact I think the time the doctor told me that was a not insignificant chance I had cancer (I don't and he was wrong) was funnier than those two shows.
Original post by ROTL94
No, you're not the only one at all, in fact I think the time the doctor told me that was a not insignificant chance I had cancer (I don't and he was wrong) was funnier than those two shows.

wait wht? I didn't know this.
One was filmed in california and called Brooklyn 99 so yeah not real good is it. Also anyone with a brain cell knows that friends is hilarious. To be honest brooklyn 99 has a lot of liberalism in it and to be honest I don't like it. But you use the word blasphemy you can not say that. I would say may god have mercy on your soul but there is no saving people who use derogatory words and do not regret them.

To tease Friends supporters seems to be really a piece of cake. :redface:

At least I tried Friends and watched some episodes. My opinion is that the funny moments are so exaggerated and hyped.
Original post by Kallisto
To tease Friends supporters seems to be really a piece of cake. :redface:

At least I tried Friends and watched some episodes. My opinion is that the funny moments are so exaggerated and hyped.

Fair enough. Sorry i lost my rag
Original post by ROTL94

Don't be joking about that honestly to joke about the c word just don't even just don't

Quick Reply

Latest