The Student Room Group

laptop or tablet for biomedical engineering

hello, I already have a old laptop which sort of works however I quite like the idea of keeping all of my course notes and diagrams digital and I'm also not sure what programs if any i'd need to run on my biomedical engineering course
Reply 1
Original post by HellNah
hello, I already have a old laptop which sort of works however I quite like the idea of keeping all of my course notes and diagrams digital and I'm also not sure what programs if any i'd need to run on my biomedical engineering course

I don't do this course but my brother does general engineering and he says a laptop is better as there's a lot of programmes you need to download that a tablet cannot handle. Also, he said if you're a faster typer than a writer that it helps to just write your notes directly onto a word document etc.
Personally, I do Biomed and I got a 2-in-1 laptop so that I can use it as a tablet if need be or a laptop if necessary. Hope this helps!
Laptop. A tablet is about as useful as a Chromebook, no point really.
Original post by fumz19
I don't do this course but my brother does general engineering and he says a laptop is better as there's a lot of programmes you need to download that a tablet cannot handle. Also, he said if you're a faster typer than a writer that it helps to just write your notes directly onto a word document etc.
Personally, I do Biomed and I got a 2-in-1 laptop so that I can use it as a tablet if need be or a laptop if necessary. Hope this helps!

hi what 2-in-1 do you use?
Reply 4
Original post by blossomx44!
hi what 2-in-1 do you use?

A HP spectre, however two years on from this post I wouldn't recommend it anymore as now at 4 years old both the battery life and fan noise are horrific

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending