The Student Room Group

Prospective Hygienist + Side Quest! Blog ‘22

Beginning of a new year and I intend to make it a good one!

I’ve always wanted to make a blog but I’m a huge procrastinator! However I want a place where I can reflect on what I’m doing, I do of course keep a diary, and journal (I write a lot) but as I’m on tsr quite a lot anyway, I was thinking why not let my inner blogger out? I have no idea how, but I’m good at winging stuff 🙃

So I’m guessing I should give some background, I’m a dental nurse, I’ve been doing it for nearly three years. I really enjoy my job, but along the way my interest really began to grow, I wanted to do more! All goes down to meeting the best hygienist ever! She’s done her job for 38 years and she still loves every minute of it (most of the time anyway😅)

I applied for Dental Hygiene last year because it’s something I can see myself doing for a lifetime!
Unfortunately though I got rejected from all three universities I applied to last year, BUT this year will be different!!
I’m self studying an A-level (biology) and I’ll be starting a Level 4 dental nursing course this month too!
Also doing an implant nursing post qualification!

I recently came across the law of attraction; like attracts like, commonly know as “the secret”
At first I was a little apprehensive about this whole concept, if this was real then why didn’t everybody succeed? Later I realised, we always focus on what we don’t want, rather than what we do (some of us anyway). So after this a lot began to make sense, I didn’t really believe in myself, I was more fearful than hopeful.
I understand now, but the difficult part is putting these positive thoughts into action.

Naturally the Covid-19 pandemic has made everyone a little pessimistic, but I refuse to let the negative excuses hold me back any longer.

This year I’m applying once again, but I truly feel like this is the year! I don’t mean to sound big headed but I reallyyyy want this🙈

I recently told a friend “believe it to achieve it” ~my motto for the year✨

-It’s 6am I’m delirious from the lack of sleep, even if there’s no else who can relate, maybe reading parts of this may help someone to avoid the mistakes I made or whatever really! I’m just doing this to see my growth.. 🤞

Edit: feel free to write about your goals and achievements here as we go through 2022, navigating our way to success!

Spoiler

Part of the Quest:
@ukii
@wifd149
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good luck with achieving your dream.
Original post by Cote1
Good luck with achieving your dream.

Thank you! 😊
BDDE0BE0-43E3-4CC8-BEA5-663D0D7C414F.png
Just to make Monday’s better… memes🌚
Original post by Dentaldreams
Beginning of a new year and I intend to make it a good one!

I’ve always wanted to make a blog but I’m a huge procrastinator! However I want a place where I can reflect on what I’m doing, I do of course keep a diary, and journal (I write a lot) but as I’m on tsr quite a lot anyway, I was thinking why not let my inner blogger out? I have no idea how, but I’m good at winging stuff 🙃

So I’m guessing I should give some background, I’m a dental nurse, I’ve been doing it for nearly three years. I really enjoy my job, but along the way my interest really began to grow, I wanted to do more! All goes down to meeting the best hygienist ever! She’s done her job for 38 years and she still loves every minute of it (most of the time anyway😅)

I applied for Dental Hygiene last year because it’s something I can see myself doing for a lifetime!
Unfortunately though I got rejected from all three universities I applied to last year, BUT this year will be different!!
I’m self studying an A-level (biology) and I’ll be starting a Level 4 dental nursing course this month too!

I recently came across the law of attraction; like attracts like, commonly know as “the secret”
At first I was a little apprehensive about this whole concept, if this was real then why didn’t everybody succeed? Later I realised, we always focus on what we don’t want, rather than what we do (some of us anyway). So after this a lot began to make sense, I didn’t really believe in myself, I was more fearful than hopeful.
I understand now, but the difficult part is putting these positive thoughts into action.

Naturally the Covid-19 pandemic has made everyone a little pessimistic, but I refuse to let the negative excuses hold me back any longer.

This year I’m applying once again, but I truly feel like this is the year! I don’t mean to sound big headed but I reallyyyy want this🙈

I recently told a friend “believe it to achieve it” ~my motto for the year✨

-It’s 6am I’m delirious from the lack of sleep, even if there’s no else who can relate, maybe reading parts of this may help someone to avoid the mistakes I made or whatever really! I’m just doing this to see my growth.. 🤞

PRSOM - Many times over :blow:

Please Update your journey here, this sounds very exciting, its like episode one of a new series.

Spoiler

I definitely agree with what you said ~ we say to ourselves that "we don't want to fail" , when we should say, "we want to succeed" and do the best that we can possibly do.

Being positive and motivated is the best way to start, discipline must keep you going because hard work pays off. It always does :bandit:

Good luck, we're with you all the way :smile:
Original post by ukii
PRSOM - Many times over :blow:

Please Update your journey here, this sounds very exciting, its like episode one of a new series.

Spoiler

I definitely agree with what you said ~ we say to ourselves that "we don't want to fail" , when we should say, "we want to succeed" and do the best that we can possibly do.

Being positive and motivated is the best way to start, discipline must keep you going because hard work pays off. It always does :bandit:

Good luck, we're with you all the way :smile:

I really want to go through every step of the way!
Season one: The journey:rolleyes:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Exactly, we need to start saying “when I pass I will…” rather then “if I fail then…”

Failure shouldn’t be an option we consider.

I agree with you, hard work will always pay off!

Thank youuu:h: we’ll be here for eachother!!
I really want to go through every step of the way!
Season one: The journey:rolleyes:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Exactly, we need to start saying “when I pass I will…” rather then “if I fail then…”

Failure shouldn’t be an option we consider.

I agree with you, hard work will always pay off!

Thank youuu:h: we’ll be here for eachother!!

Ooh when's the premiere :fisheye:

Spoiler

Spoiler

that's the way to go!

:five:
@Obolinda are you able to help my friend change her blog title, or does a new one have to be made?

Thank you :hat2:
Original post by ukii
@Obolinda are you able to help my friend change her blog title, or does a new one have to be made?

Thank you :hat2:

hey sorry, I'm not a forum helper in entertainment. the team in entertainment are at the bottom of the page :smile:

OP can edit their opening post which should have the option to change the thread title.
Original post by ukii
Ooh when's the premiere :fisheye:

Spoiler

Spoiler

that's the way to go!

:five:

Keep an eye out:wink:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Let’s do this :five:
Original post by Obolinda
hey sorry, I'm not a forum helper in entertainment. the team in entertainment are at the bottom of the page :smile:

OP can edit their opening post which should have the option to change the thread title.

Thanks for your help, I’ve tried to edit and I found the option:smile:
BDDE0BE0-43E3-4CC8-BEA5-663D0D7C414F.png
Just to make Monday’s better… memes🌚

I approve this message.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by hungrysalamander
I approve this message.

Always great to have the approval of a (future) dentist
First day back after the holidays..
C144A61C-F338-49EF-8E4A-F5BF1168040B.jpeg
Expect great things and you will create your life in advance
First day back after the holidays..
C144A61C-F338-49EF-8E4A-F5BF1168040B.jpeg

Spider-Man: No One Shows
Expect great things and you will create your life in advance

Hello, how are you this fine morning :smile:
Original post by ukii
Spider-Man: No One Shows

PRSOM
I’d totally watch that:cookie:
Original post by ukii
Hello, how are you this fine morning :smile:

Hi, I’m good thank you! How’re you?:smile:
PRSOM
I’d totally watch that:cookie:

Also PRSOM

Hi, I’m good thank you! How’re you?:smile:

Good also. However didn't wake up my usual 5 am, because i slept at 2, so bit annoyed at that.

Quick Reply

Latest