The Student Room Group

dental hygiene and therapy

recently i've been swaying towards dht and am aware that most of the applicants are dental nurses. i was therefore wondering if i'd be any less advantaged compared to them with these stats:
predicted: a*aa (hopefully? mock exam grades are aaa, 2 of them being low/mid a)
gcses: 9999988876
i have plenty of work experience/volunteering to speak about but have none with a hygienist. i also haven't been able to find stats for successful applicants and knowing how competitive this course is i was curious as to where i'd stand in terms of my grades.
on a side note, would it be wise to apply for both dentistry and dht? i haven't finalised my decision regarding which course i should apply for and was wondering if i could apply for a mix of both?
Reply 1
Original post by user5783
recently i've been swaying towards dht and am aware that most of the applicants are dental nurses. i was therefore wondering if i'd be any less advantaged compared to them with these stats:
predicted: a*aa (hopefully? mock exam grades are aaa, 2 of them being low/mid a)
gcses: 9999988876
i have plenty of work experience/volunteering to speak about but have none with a hygienist. i also haven't been able to find stats for successful applicants and knowing how competitive this course is i was curious as to where i'd stand in terms of my grades.
on a side note, would it be wise to apply for both dentistry and dht? i haven't finalised my decision regarding which course i should apply for and was wondering if i could apply for a mix of both?

It would be best if you applied to one or the other, because your personal statement would require you to say specifically why you would choose the course
Reply 2
yes, i have decided it would be wise to only apply for dental hygiene and therapy
Reply 3
Original post by user5783
yes, i have decided it would be wise to only apply for dental hygiene and therapy

Hey what are the requirements for DHT?
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest