The Student Room Group

Prospective Hygienist + Side Quest! Blog ‘22

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ukii

haha, you're welcome to do as you wish on this thread ~ never seen you this excited :lol: all positive energy!

thank you for your support, you're always welcome here <3

You’re not far off the bull’s eye…
For one, it’s rare for me to know of anyone that subscribes to manifestation and the law of attraction :woo: I’ve been enjoying @Dentaldreams posts too!

Two, I really like the title of the thread - it reminds me of Habitica! (An RPG gamification of to-do lists and habit trackers)

I will try to not derail this thread, it’s been really wholesome mate :yes:

Original post by Dentaldreams
Aww sometimes all you need is a paper and pen, so do what works best!

I really hope you get onto do your masters!
Remember, if you believe it, then you’ll achieve it:h:

That scenario is the story of my life 🙈 but 2022 is our year to shine✨

Thank youuu! We’re rooting for you too🤗

Thank you! 😭😭😭 We are in similar circumstances prior and for 2022 I think, so we gotta have the best for all of us (including ukii) :h:
Original post by wifd149

Thank you! 😭😭😭 We are in similar circumstances prior and for 2022 I think, so we gotta have the best for all of us (including ukii) :h:

Yes we need to move forward into our dream careers✨
2022 is our oyster guys!!
They cancelled my driving test…
New year, same old luck
They cancelled my driving test…
New year, same old luck

Well we can't say that was unexpected :frown:

Nevertheless im a firm believer, everything happens for a reason
so you potentially avoided something nasty, actually works in your favour :smile:

remember your OP for 2022 - see the bright side :crown:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ukii
Well we can't say that was unexpected :frown:

Nevertheless im a firm believer, everything happens for a reason
so you potentially avoided something nasty, actually works in your favour :smile:

remember your OP for 2022 - see the bright side :crown:

It was due to shortage of examiners, not the weather 🙁

I used to strongly believe that too, everything happens for a reason. I need to start seeing that again.

2022 will be ours🙏
It was due to shortage of examiners, not the weather 🙁

I used to strongly believe that too, everything happens for a reason. I need to start seeing that again.

2022 will be ours🙏

Right 😕
Its true! Just takes a bit of thinking 😄

💪🏽 Ours for the taking
Original post by ukii
💪🏽 Ours for the taking

PRSOM :h:
Week one: January 1st-9th
So, as far as first weeks go this could have been better.
I need to stop thinking about what needs doing and just DO IT!
Didn’t go to plan as my Practical Driving Test was rescheduled🤦*♀️
Felt a bit down due to a few personal things I find difficult to discuss.
Broke my glasses… twice. I now have a bruise around my left eye.
However despite how rubbish week one has been I am definitely going to make week two much better. This is because I know where I need to manifest my energy and where it is being wasted. 🤞
(edited 2 years ago)
Week one: January 1st-9th
So, as far as first weeks go this could have been better.
I need to stop thinking about what needs doing and just DO IT!
Didn’t go to plan as my Practical Driving Test was rescheduled🤦*♀️
Felt a bit down due to a few personal things I find difficult to discuss.
Broke my glasses… twice. I now have a bruise around my left eye.
However despite how rubbish week one has been I am definitely going to make week two much better. This is because I know where I need to manifest my energy and where it is being wasted. 🤞

:hugs: You will be okay, I know you will! Give yourself some time, good things will come (how long we never know, but don’t get too frustrated or fixed on it aye) :shy2:

I hope that bruise will go away soon.

Sounds good that you are looking forward to the new week, best wishes! 😁

On that note, here are some videos that I’ve watched on manifestation and for entertainment at the same time 🙃:

Spoiler

Original post by wifd149
:hugs: You will be okay, I know you will! Give yourself some time, good things will come (how long we never know, but don’t get too frustrated or fixed on it aye) :shy2:

I hope that bruise will go away soon.

Sounds good that you are looking forward to the new week, best wishes! 😁

On that note, here are some videos that I’ve watched on manifestation and for entertainment at the same time 🙃:

Spoiler

PRSOM:hugs:

Thank you! Hopefully yes, this week will be good for all of us!

I know you’ve got third year fast approaching but you’ve got this!:h:

Thanks for the videos too, just my cup of tea:biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
It’s Monday.. again
CF4DE74C-8AAE-4C19-979C-9C27B4557ACA.jpeg
548EAB75-2218-4400-8842-C6B187B94BB2.jpeg
well i said i'd try and do weekly updates every sat/sun

and today is sunday, so yahh :smile:

right so finished week this week - most stressful thing this year (so far) :s-smilie: so i noticed a pattern, each paper that went well, the other paper not so much. i.e i think i did okay in maths paper1 , but paper 2 really put the anchor on the boat (oo that came outta nowhere) but uh yeah, not too happy about that.
as for computer science, just cs for short, it was the exact trend. the theory side , paper 2 i was pretty happy about, but the paper 1 rllllllly messed me up, im talking BIG TIME. thats because i couldnt code for my life, and it rlly messed with me... we'll see how it goes, i hope the p2 can push it up, but honestly thats something i need to work on.

after mocks finished on wednesday, i made some checklsts and goals i want to achieve by the time my real exams come near (if they ever do happen), and so ive tried to organise myself, recollect my thoughts a little, and move forward in the best way possible.

overall im feeling much better than i did toward the start of the week, naturally. if i've learnt one thing, its that things are always going to be looking up, no matter the situation :smile:

well, that's my weekly update, bye for now :biggrin:
Week two: January 10th-16th
It’s a been a good week, I don’t know why exactly because I haven’t done much at all, but I feel good, happy even!
I think I need to break things down, I think I’ll change the OP so that I can flow with the structure.
I submitted my UCAS application at long last! This is what I get for waiting on the world and his wife to give me approval🙈 I’ve been nervous about it too tbh hence the wait, also UCAS was down over Christmas but nevertheless it’s done now, so we wait🙏
I got my new glasses 🤓 so I can drive next week! I’ve been practicing with my mother😅 and it’s been alright actually!
In terms of work, I have unintentionally taken upon duties to prove myself (obviously better🌚) so we’ll see how that goes shall we..
Biology… I did some and then didn’t :redface: but I have an action plan, just gotta follow it now🤌
I feel like I thought 💭 a lot this week and it felt good to just think, even though I didn’t log anything in my diary or journal, my head is slightly decluttered🙃
Also this week, I don’t know why or how but I’ve hung onto to things that I’ve heard, such as ‘prepare for the worst, hope for the best’ and ‘make your mind a happy place because you’ll spend forever there’ and another I can’t remember which is seriously bugging me! I found one in a book that said ‘you can do anything but not everything’ which in some ways sounds negative but I can relate as I want to do everything but that’s simply not possible.
I’ve noticed that I’ve had a good sleeping pattern this week, eight hours every night, perhaps too much, but maybe thats why I felt good, spent actual time with my family and yep, just hoping for the best in everything✨
Original post by ukii
well i said i'd try and do weekly updates every sat/sun

and today is sunday, so yahh :smile:

right so finished week this week - most stressful thing this year (so far) :s-smilie: so i noticed a pattern, each paper that went well, the other paper not so much. i.e i think i did okay in maths paper1 , but paper 2 really put the anchor on the boat (oo that came outta nowhere) but uh yeah, not too happy about that.
as for computer science, just cs for short, it was the exact trend. the theory side , paper 2 i was pretty happy about, but the paper 1 rllllllly messed me up, im talking BIG TIME. thats because i couldnt code for my life, and it rlly messed with me... we'll see how it goes, i hope the p2 can push it up, but honestly thats something i need to work on.

after mocks finished on wednesday, i made some checklsts and goals i want to achieve by the time my real exams come near (if they ever do happen), and so ive tried to organise myself, recollect my thoughts a little, and move forward in the best way possible.

overall im feeling much better than i did toward the start of the week, naturally. if i've learnt one thing, its that things are always going to be looking up, no matter the situation :smile:

well, that's my weekly update, bye for now :biggrin:

We live and we learn! Try not to think it’s going to be a pattern, just as a future reference because fixating your belief on something that will reoccur isn’t always good🤗 just speaking from experience, passing down the wisdom:groovy:
I’m sure you did very well though!! So best wishes for the results because I bet you passed with flying colours :nyan:
Very good! It’s great to do some forward planning😁

That’s a lovely thing to hold onto! Always look up, unless your shoes are undone, or in your case make eye contact with people of average height🌚

Spoiler

Byeeee:biggrin:
Fun fact for today… also my level 4 dental nursing has been pushed forward to next month:colonhash:
2662CFD5-59FD-46B6-AA72-38789D587854.jpeg
Productivity of this week so far… started out great..
C95C48E9-2DB7-4F7E-9BEB-330929466908.jpeg
Week 3: 17th-23rd
So this week has had its highs and lows. Monday started off great, good mindset, excellent productivity, just fabulous!🤌
Later throughout the week I was still quite positive, as per usual of course🌚
Midweek I was at the precipice of peace, good meaningful conversation✨ and I started watching The Golden Girls - which is honestly now in my top grade 10!
Implant clinic day was veryyy busy so I was knackered and didn’t get much done.
Fridays are usually good but this week was like a rollercoaster, had an appointment which was fine, I noticed a mistake on my UCAS application so I was a bit all over the place😵*💫 then my driving instructor got covid to top it all off!😥 I felt bad but I CANNOT postpone my test… again! So I found a new Instructer and I “pretended” that it was the real deal and only made four minor driving faults which I was quite pleased with to be honest🙃 let’s hope it’s the same later this week🤞
To end the week I did a long awaited diary update and helped my friend finish a project.

Ohhh and also I downloaded Habitica, I am gamififying my life, thanks to @wifd149 for mentioning it:h:

I’ve also made a blog on Wordpress🙈
Week 3: 17th-23rd
So this week has had its highs and lows. Monday started off great, good mindset, excellent productivity, just fabulous!🤌
Later throughout the week I was still quite positive, as per usual of course🌚
Midweek I was at the precipice of peace, good meaningful conversation✨ and I started watching The Golden Girls - which is honestly now in my top grade 10!
Implant clinic day was veryyy busy so I was knackered and didn’t get much done.
Fridays are usually good but this week was like a rollercoaster, had an appointment which was fine, I noticed a mistake on my UCAS application so I was a bit all over the place😵*💫 then my driving instructor got covid to top it all off!😥 I felt bad but I CANNOT postpone my test… again! So I found a new Instructer and I “pretended” that it was the real deal and only made four minor driving faults which I was quite pleased with to be honest🙃 let’s hope it’s the same later this week🤞
To end the week I did a long awaited diary update and helped my friend finish a project.

Ohhh and also I downloaded Habitica, I am gamififying my life, thanks to @wifd149 for mentioning it:h:

I’ve also made a blog on Wordpress🙈

Nice to hear about your week mate :h: Glad to know that you’re good most of the time 👍

Yeah, hopefully the actual driving test will be ok for you :woo:

I’ve just logged into my Habitica account just now, once in 2 years 😂 I’m really glad that you like it, I’ve enjoyed it loads till I got to Level 99 and just restarted it.

Blogs are real fun to do :colondollar:
Original post by wifd149
Nice to hear about your week mate :h: Glad to know that you’re good most of the time 👍

Yeah, hopefully the actual driving test will be ok for you :woo:

I’ve just logged into my Habitica account just now, once in 2 years 😂 I’m really glad that you like it, I’ve enjoyed it loads till I got to Level 99 and just restarted it.

Blogs are real fun to do :colondollar:

PRSOM

:kart: Me tooo

Wow, Level 99😄 we can start together now😂

It is quite enjoyable, I’ll tweak some things and hopefully share it :colondollar:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest