The Student Room Group

Prospective Hygienist + Side Quest! Blog ‘22

Scroll to see replies

Week five: 31st January- 6th February
Sooo, a little late on the update, but last week I got a biology study buddy :five: thanks to @TriplexA [s]smile[/s]
Started on Monday and going strong, I will conquer biology if it’s the last thing I do!!!
Work was bit hectic to say the least:s-smilie: but I enjoyed the implant clinic on Thursday:biggrin:
I said to myself on Thursday night - because the week wasn’t very productive as I seemed to be knackered by the evening - tomorrow will be better and *drum roll please* I got some very positive news on Friday:yeah: which will hopefully turn into amazing news:yep:

The weekend wasn’t very productive either unfortunately but I wasn’t feeling too good, and I tested positive for covid-19… again, but I’m okay, and this week is an important one so, onwards and upwards!!!:h:

Edit: a little fact about the first weekend of February, it is the weekend in which most people give up their new year’s resolutions, but not us!!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Dentaldreams
Week five: 31st January- 6th February
Sooo, a little late on the update, but last week I got a biology study buddy :five: thanks to @TriplexA [s]smile[/s]
Started on Monday and going strong, I will conquer biology if it’s the last thing I do!!!
Work was bit hectic to say the least:s-smilie: but I enjoyed the implant clinic on Thursday:biggrin:
I said to myself on Thursday night - because the week wasn’t very productive as I seemed to be knackered by the evening - tomorrow will be better and *drum roll please* I got some very positive news on Friday:yeah: which will hopefully turn into amazing news:yep:

The weekend wasn’t very productive either unfortunately but I wasn’t feeling too good, and I tested positive for covid-19… again, but I’m okay, and this week is an important one so, onwards and upwards!!!:h:

Edit: a little fact about the first weekend of February, it is the weekend in which most people give up their new year’s resolutions, but not us!!!

Glad to have helped :smile:

Hopefully this week will be a lot more productive for you.
BC071B4F-054C-4F2C-BF60-33424CB8707A.jpeg
Week six: 7th-12th February
Goodbyes are never easy, but they’re a big part of life. Parted from two dear friends this week, but I’m looking forward to seeing them again in May🤗
Felt a bit poorly, especially midweek, so naturally I didn’t get around to doing much.
Thursday was a very hopeful and positive day✨
Friday I decided upon a VERY productive weekend! Brushed up on a few jobs that needed doing; finished up registration for my classes which start tomorrow for Level 4 Dental Nursing!! I’m excited😁 That’s my Valentines evening sorted🤣
I Prepared Biology revision plans for me and my study buddy🙇*♀️
I’m also in the process of creating a bucket list for all the things I will do in between June-September after exams and before Uni (hopefully 🙏)
This weekend has mainly consisted of revision resources and Netflix.
Now onto a better week!
(My sinuses hurt, I think I’m getting a cold🙈
Yayyyyy!:biggrin:
Week seven: 14th-20th February

Started the week off… with a cold🤧
Back to work after a week, got a cute valentines surprise, Harry Styles - on a mug, so now he’s with me practically all the time!
Had my first Level 4 dental nursing lectures on Monday and Wednesday evening which were actually very exciting!! I did not expect to enjoy them as much as I did! Very much looking forward to extending my duties🌚

Accidentally checked my email at work on Wednesday… got rejected from Portsmouth😭 so so so gutted!
I really thought I had it, but alas it was not meant to be. Felt more poorly after having an emotional breakdown at work - mortified.
However I have received an interview offer from LSBU so I’m working on that now, just got to move on! Onwards and upwards✨

Ended the week with my best friends birthday🎈and storm Eunice☔️
Major wardrobe clean out on the weekend, five bags of stuff I no longer require🙈 I out tried yoga🧘 I think I’ll see the benefits the more I do it.
Working on biology revision.. it’s getting there.. very slowly😅
Overall I feel better than I did earlier this week, because I know I have to let go of NEGATIVITY!!!!!
Week seven: 14th-20th February

Started the week off… with a cold🤧
Back to work after a week, got a cute valentines surprise, Harry Styles - on a mug, so now he’s with me practically all the time!
Had my first Level 4 dental nursing lectures on Monday and Wednesday evening which were actually very exciting!! I did not expect to enjoy them as much as I did! Very much looking forward to extending my duties🌚

Accidentally checked my email at work on Wednesday… got rejected from Portsmouth😭 so so so gutted!
I really thought I had it, but alas it was not meant to be. Felt more poorly after having an emotional breakdown at work - mortified.
However I have received an interview offer from LSBU so I’m working on that now, just got to move on! Onwards and upwards✨

Ended the week with my best friends birthday🎈and storm Eunice☔️
Major wardrobe clean out on the weekend, five bags of stuff I no longer require🙈 I out tried yoga🧘 I think I’ll see the benefits the more I do it.
Working on biology revision.. it’s getting there.. very slowly😅
Overall I feel better than I did earlier this week, because I know I have to let go of NEGATIVITY!!!!!

hope you recover from your cold soon !! :smile: fingers crossed for your interview !! you only need 1 offer, i’m sure you’ve got this ☘️☘️
Original post by aliaa03
hope you recover from your cold soon !! :smile: fingers crossed for your interview !! you only need 1 offer, i’m sure you’ve got this ☘️☘️

Thank you!!:hugs:
8260F765-814E-44E6-84DE-E85109E3A655.jpeg
I just wanted to mark the palindrome as a good day🙃
(edited 2 years ago)
Week eight: 21st-27th February

I’ve only just realised that its been two months into 2022!!
The time has flown by and it’s only up from here✨
So reflecting on the week that has passed, it’s been stressful, chaotic and overwhelming but I have remained calm🤌

My Enhanced Prevention and OHE lectures are going very well!! I’ve also been offered an interview with Essex for Oral health sciences which I’m feeling very hopeful for as I am currently studying with them!!

Extra implant clinic was added this week.. I literally do not want to do it anymore😶 implant surgeon is very depressing and fellow aspiring implant nurse is never around to help, so currently between a rock and a hard place regarding this whole situation.

Biology 🧬 I really need to increase the amount of revision I am doing!!! 📚🙇
I am getting through my revision list nicely with my study buddy though so that’s something!!

Extra✨

Spoiler

DF9555DD-1F1D-4175-B498-328893E769B6.gif
Getting off to a productive start!! I want to begin March off on a good note, so I’ll start today!!!
To do list:
* Biology question of the day (at least five today!)
* Try blurting at least one topic
* Go through flashcards at lunch
* Attend online lecture from 6:30-8:30pm✅
* Read a chapter before bed
* interview prep✅
* Do a quick review
* Fill diary✅

A new goal of mine, even though I think I’m a bit obsessed with TSR, is to stay away from it all day, only coming back to amend my check list/create a new one and to check updates at the end of the day.
(edited 2 years ago)
DF9555DD-1F1D-4175-B498-328893E769B6.gif
Getting off to a productive start!! I want to begin March off on a good note, so I’ll start today!!!
To do list:
* Biology question of the day (at least five today!)
* Try blurting at least one topic
* Go through flashcards at lunch
* Attend online lecture from 6:30-8:30pm
* Read a chapter before bed
* interview prep
* Do a quick review
* Fill diary

A new goal of mine, even though I think I’m a bit obsessed with TSR, is to stay away from it all day, only coming back to amend my check list/create a new one and to check updates at the end of the day.

Good luck Sabrina! All the best! A new month, a new start, and a new you for the better :cool:

I will do my part in making my March better than my February experience and self too!
Original post by wifd149
Good luck Sabrina! All the best! A new month, a new start, and a new you for the better :cool:

I will do my part in making my March better than my February experience and self too!

Thank you :hugs:

I hope you’re doing okay!! We’ll get through March together :five:
✨Weekend To Do List✨
•Interview Prep!!!
•Biology mind maps
•Biology paper one comprehension
(edited 2 years ago)
1F1A12A9-12F6-4470-867A-25A0D23A5328.jpeg
AEAD29CD-1390-4EB6-9756-F15BD095DFD7.jpeg
It’s harder! but we’re getting there…
4141F6ED-AFAF-4ADD-A4F2-8718D6636EDD.png
🧬Biology Revision🧬
Paper 1:
•Transport across cell membranes (including Required Practical 3)
•Cell structure
•Genetic diversity and adaptation (including Required Practical 6)
•Gas exchange
•Proteins (including Required Practical 1)
•Carbohydrates
•Mass transport
•Biodiversity within a community

Paper 2:
•Homeostasis is the maintenance of a stable internal environment
•Respiration (including Required Practical 9)
•Nervous coordination
•Energy and ecosystems
•Nutrient cycles
•Inheritance
•Gene expression is controlled by a number of features
•Photosynthesis

Paper 3:
•Photosynthesis
•All cells arise from other cells (including Required Practical 2)
•Gene technologies allow the study and alteration of gene function allowing a better understanding of organism function and the design of new industrial and medical processes
•Nervous coordination
•Mass transport
•DNA and protein synthesis
•Proteins
•Stimuli, both internal and external, are detected and lead to a response
(edited 2 years ago)
15210EF7-DD87-4B40-BAF3-D27EB0D11354.jpeg
5503AA1D-EA53-4F13-988B-755DFF1B38D3.jpeg
I gave up on this thread a while ago.
Isn’t she beautiful though!

@Muhammad Razak
(edited 1 year ago)