The Student Room Group

What do think about postman working on Sundays?

What’s your opinions on the postman working on Sunday if they wish to?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Every other service led industry works on Sunday so I don't know what the problem is.
Reply 2
To provide a Sunday postal service wouldn't just involve postmen, though. You'd need all the support of people like delivery office staff and vehicle technicians, plus there'd be the extra cost of building facilties, fuel etc.
Why would we need an additional delivery day when the number of letters is going down?
Reply 4
Original post by Crazed cat lady
Why would we need an additional delivery day when the number of letters is going down?

Because the number of parcels is going up and they’re looking at going towards parcels as Amazon etc are being overwhelmed.
Original post by Matty2993
Because the number of parcels is going up and they’re looking at going towards parcels as Amazon etc are being overwhelmed.

Parcel Force already operate a Sunday delivery.

And Amazon aren’t being overwhelmed, they are adapting to demand very effectively. A little too effectively for those of us concerned with the market domination they already have.
(edited 2 years ago)
I don't think they should have to work 7 days a week, but if they'd rather work Thursday through Sunday instead of Wednesday through Satuday, I don't see a problem. Like surnia said, you'd have to have a significant number of people participate in this for it to work out.
Reply 7
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
I don't think they should have to work 7 days a week, but if they'd rather work Thursday through Sunday instead of Wednesday through Satuday, I don't see a problem. Like surnia said, you'd have to have a significant number of people participate in this for it to work out.

Who said they have to? After all, its a paid position in a sort of free country, if people dont like the terms theres every opportunity to change jobs..
Original post by Napp
Who said they have to? After all, its a paid position in a sort of free country, if people dont like the terms theres every opportunity to change jobs..

that's really what you focused on? i wrote two sentences. and you latched on to the sentiment that 'getting stuck working all 7 days of the week isn't ideal for most people.' i could try to make arguments about coercion but honestly i don't care and its completely irrelevant to the thread!

the conservatives on daca astound me. its not even like it was implied in the OP that it would happen that way. i made up a possible scenario in order to give more nuance to my position.
Reply 9
that's really what you focused on? i wrote two sentences. and you latched on to the sentiment that 'getting stuck working all 7 days of the week isn't ideal for most people.' i could try to make arguments about coercion but honestly i don't care and its completely irrelevant to the thread!

the conservatives on daca astound me. its not even like it was implied in the OP that it would happen that way. i made up a possible scenario in order to give more nuance to my position.

Yeah, im not sure if you're aware of this rather basic fact but let me educate you on it then, when replying to someones comment you dont have to address the entire comment nor the entire thread. One can focus on a single point if one so choses and that is exactly what i did.
As to being 'irrelevant to the thread' you have seen the title of it right...?

Nuance, very drole.
Original post by Napp
Yeah, im not sure if you're aware of this rather basic fact but let me educate you on it then, when replying to someones comment you dont have to address the entire comment nor the entire thread. One can focus on a single point if one so choses and that is exactly what i did.
As to being 'irrelevant to the thread' you have seen the title of it right...?

Nuance, very drole.

whether labor is inherently coerced has nothing to do with whether post workers work on sundays. i hope you understand.
i also wasn't even talking about that. i just think post workers should get days off too cause its nice to not work 7 days a week.

were you trying to get a worthwhile discussion about the implications of coercion on working conditions or were you just trying to nitpick?
"haven't seen you in a bit" its not like im not active im just a ****ing hermit and all i do is crouch around in lptphw and occasionally poke at the bear in daca
too many conservatives that they all agree and repeat themselves back at eachother. if you disagree with them at any point on the first page of a thread you get like 4 different ****ers trying to fight you at once
****ing hate these pants cause they don't fit at all but i still wear them anyways. also there's a sharp chunk of melted plastic wrapped in a thin stretchy piece of cloth on the inside of the knee that i cannot figure out how to remove
disintegrate that, *****
thisll be ooh thisll be ahh thisll be absolutely wee
do i have to respond to you. last time i responded to you like 9 times back and forth, consistently and then you just insisted i'd admitted to something and ignored me. in other words you realized i was right but didn't want to admit to it
(edited 2 years ago)
forget who reccommended him to me but im reading dave eggers now. feels like something w would do but idk at this point
Reply 18
whether labor is inherently coerced has nothing to do with whether post workers work on sundays. i hope you understand.
i also wasn't even talking about that. i just think post workers should get days off too cause its nice to not work 7 days a week.

were you trying to get a worthwhile discussion about the implications of coercion on working conditions or were you just trying to nitpick?

Indeed they should but what does that have to do with anything you said, or that ive replied to...

Make a point, nothing more.
Original post by Crazed cat lady

You should be aware of that postmen does not exist to deliver letters only, but also parcels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending