The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

'They' pronoun is confusing!!

Scroll to see replies

Trust a thread about pronouns and transgender people to reach 5 pages in less than a day. :biggrin:
Original post by SHallowvale
Trust a thread about pronouns and transgender people to reach 5 pages in less than a day. :biggrin:

Oh no no this is all the work of @0ptics and @KA_P
Hehe

Also "t ppl" 💀
Not sure that's allowed
What do i know

Oh wait
I work for TSR...
Original post by 0ptics
I’m quoting this for the rest of the world to see :tongue:
And cue the obnoxious emoji… :hi:

🌍🌍🌍🗺️ Come and witness!!

Spoiler

Reply 83
Meh its a relative nonissue. Whilst 'they' is usually used as a plural it has precedence in being used a singular. Its odd, in ones eyes, to want to be called 'they' but it makes no difference to me. The only bit i'll actively draw the line at is someone getting uppity for being called he/she and their expecting people to be psychic and know their preference. ridiculous :rolleyes:.
Long and the short of it being they can use they and its okayish English. They notionally prefer it due to how they perceive their gender compared to everyone elses perception and most of all its a non-issue that no one except those demanding to be called 'they' really cares about. Although, just on that, its impressive the number of rationale people the protesting lot have managed to get onboard and believe that pronouns are actually an important topic as opposed to an irrelevant side curiosity that relates to addressing emails and little else.

Latest

Trending

Trending