The Student Room Group

New vision university

Hi, I am looking into applying for dentistry abroad and found a university in Georgia called New Vision University. I am wondering if this course is well grounded and is not a scam
Reply 1
Original post by Billy keith
Hi, I am looking into applying for dentistry abroad and found a university in Georgia called New Vision University. I am wondering if this course is well grounded and is not a scam

Hi, I'm also interested in applying there as well, have you applied yet?
Reply 2

the uni is on the GMC list ,from that we can hope its not a scam.
Is it a scam?
Reply 5

Ye apply these guys ain’t even reading the gmcs article properly 🤣🤣basically to put it short new vision do 2 medicine degrees 1 as a graduate entry which is 4 years and 1 normal which is 6 years gmc said they will not accept any medicine degree which is done for a period for less than 5 years due to somet to do with clinical hours so if you was to do the 4 year degree you would not be able to register in uk but with the 6 year 1 you will be able to and my mates have asked gmc themselves as they are studying there and I might be too next year
Reply 6

That’s for those who do the accelerated course as new uk laws made by gmc mean that a medical degree has to be a minimum 5 years, new vision does 2 degrees for medicine 1 which is 4years as a post grad for those with graduate entry and a 6 year undergrad the gmc will accept the undergraduates but not those who did the 4 year as it doesn’t meet the criteria
Original post by Ak1112
Ye apply these guys ain’t even reading the gmcs article properly 🤣🤣basically to put it short new vision do 2 medicine degrees 1 as a graduate entry which is 4 years and 1 normal which is 6 years gmc said they will not accept any medicine degree which is done for a period for less than 5 years due to somet to do with clinical hours so if you was to do the 4 year degree you would not be able to register in uk but with the 6 year 1 you will be able to and my mates have asked gmc themselves as they are studying there and I might be too next year

Hi Im also thinking to apply here, i wanted to ask if you know did your friends apply through SME or medlink?
Reply 8
Original post by jannat0202
Hi Im also thinking to apply here, i wanted to ask if you know did your friends apply through SME or medlink?

hi, i don't know about new vision university but i applied through medlinks to a different university and i had the worst experience of my life with them, especially that edmund guy is so rude and a huge liar.
Reply 9
Original post by jannat0202

You should avoid medlinks, they will trick you in anyway they can to force you to pay them and they worst thing about them is that they have zero concern regarding student interests.
Reply 10
New vision university is on the grey list and they are only after your money their partner SME helps them in this both of them are extremely dishonest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending