The Student Room Group

I see ghost images and my glasses are not helping. should I get it checked?

So basically, I have astigmatism and after 3 months of getting my first pair of glasses, I started seeing these random ghost images when looking at some some objects and texts.
I got a new prescription and have now been wearing my new glasses for 3 days barely ever taking them off. My vision still hasn't changed, although it's less blurry, and it's like I'm wearing my old glasses. When trying them on at the opticians i told them there is no difference in my eyesight and they said to try it for a week and come back if it doesn't change.

FYI I see these ghost images all day but at different intensities. What I've noticed is that I rarely see them when I read dark texts on lighter backgrounds(i sometimes do but it's harder to notice) however, it's really noticeable when reading lighter text on dark backgrounds(like reading in dark mode or watching with subtitles).
Should i go and get this checked or not cause It's only slight but can get really bad sometimes to the point i have to squint to read.
Do as you were told. Try your new glasses for a week and go back if you’re not happy then.

It’s only 4 more days
Reply 2
It is hard to say with only e little information you gave...

What is your prescription? How much did it change? What is your keratometry and corneal topography?
How noticeable are the blurs?

Sometimes a better prescription is not improving the vision but reducing the amount of strain. Also in some conditions it is not always possible to correct all the blurr with glasses and contacts are giving a better results.

I'm an optometrist, if you want you can PM me.
Reply 3
Original post by Kathy89
It is hard to say with only e little information you gave...

What is your prescription? How much did it change? What is your keratometry and corneal topography?
How noticeable are the blurs?

Sometimes a better prescription is not improving the vision but reducing the amount of strain. Also in some conditions it is not always possible to correct all the blurr with glasses and contacts are giving a better results.

I'm an optometrist, if you want you can PM me.

My prescription is 1.00 on each eye. It used to be 0.75 so it has increased by 0.25. I know its not much and I can't even feel or see a difference from my other pair of glasses. I don't know what my keratometry or corneal topography is (i dont even know what they are tbh).

The blurs are not that noticeable in low light but moderately noticeable in normal light or around bright lights. Maybe it's because I spend a lot of time on devices? But this didn't happen before i got my first pair so I'm confused
Reply 4
The difference is very small. You should speak to your optometrist about the reasons for the ghost images you see. There are a lot of possible reasons for that. A good optometrist would explain you your situation with your eyes.
Original post by Anonymous
So basically, I have astigmatism and after 3 months of getting my first pair of glasses, I started seeing these random ghost images when looking at some some objects and texts.
I got a new prescription and have now been wearing my new glasses for 3 days barely ever taking them off. My vision still hasn't changed, although it's less blurry, and it's like I'm wearing my old glasses. When trying them on at the opticians i told them there is no difference in my eyesight and they said to try it for a week and come back if it doesn't change.

FYI I see these ghost images all day but at different intensities. What I've noticed is that I rarely see them when I read dark texts on lighter backgrounds(i sometimes do but it's harder to notice) however, it's really noticeable when reading lighter text on dark backgrounds(like reading in dark mode or watching with subtitles).
Should i go and get this checked or not cause It's only slight but can get really bad sometimes to the point i have to squint to read.

Im from the secret society of ghost hunters you have early signs of a ghost hunting prodigy

Quick Reply

Latest