Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

A* maths AB can i get in for Computer science with AI

How likely am i to get in if i take gap year n reapply next year with A*AB

Has anyone got in with this grades i hv
A* in Maths
Reply 1
In 2023, or 2024 probably. By 2025 the AI is going to be smarter than you :colone:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by DocCyber
In 2023, or 2024 probably. By 2025 the AI is going to be smarter than you :colone:

Original post by Anonymous
How likely am i to get in if i take gap year n reapply next year with A*AB

Has anyone got in with this grades i hv
A* in Maths

Best bet is to email them before you apply and ask if you'd be considered. Presuming the requirements are AAA?
Reply 4
Honest answer this time:

There are more places in disciplines like this than applicants. You've an A* in maths, and if you were coming to my department, I'm 90% sure that the academic team would suggest accepting you anyway. Phone round some clearing places... but yeah, you'll be fine.
Reply 5
I'm new to this thing so it wont let me respond to your PM (give me some thumbs up to help with that if you want)... but the university that you've mentioned in your PM (and which you've also written on the forum page for with reasonably distinctive grammar to someone who's done forensics) is the one I'm about to start a Comp Sci PhD at...

So:

My advice:

1. Take the "insurance option", it's an excellent university, very up-and-coming and there are exciting things happening in that centre (especially with the overlap between Cyber and AI) that are going to make you EXTREMELY employable at the end of your course. Look at the number of Profs there who also have status with the Alan Turing Institute to get a flavour of what I'm talking about. By the time you're in your 3rd year, there are going to be some very exciting modules coming online (do a PhD and you too can attend meetings where the strategic vision is laid out :wink: ).

2. Find the PhD student who insists of parking a motorbike right outside the department building and I'll buy you a drink in the student's union.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending