The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 2: Advanced Physics II 9PH0 02 -10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Speaking_04
Not sure if decreasing to zero is correct because the summary of what they were asking to the best of my memory was basically what the acceleration of the sky diver is before opening his/her parachute. Would decrease to zero when parachute opens and reaches terminal velocity

Nope I think it’s at terminal velocity and then when parachute opens it decelerates to a smaller speed. And as speed decreases air resistance will decrease until it’s once again equal to the weight but this time at a lower terminal velocity
Original post by Speaking_04
Not sure if decreasing to zero is correct because the summary of what they were asking to the best of my memory was basically what the acceleration of the sky diver is before opening his/her parachute. Would decrease to zero when parachute opens and reaches terminal velocity

Nah definitely was, the question said the skydiver reaches terminal velocity before opening the parachute, what happens to the acceleration before he opens the parachute ie when hes reaching terminal velocity which is decrease to 0
Did anyone else find that the style of question and the style of the whole paper was really different to past papers?
Really? Damn I must have been blind not noticing 'terminal velocity' :/
Original post by Cheekyanon
Nah definitely was, the question said the skydiver reaches terminal velocity before opening the parachute, what happens to the acceleration before he opens the parachute ie when hes reaching terminal velocity which is decrease to 0
Original post by Purple43Monkey
Did anyone else find that the style of question and the style of the whole paper was really different to past papers?

Yes. Was bizarre, idk the questions just felt so different from how they usually are on past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending