The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 2: Advanced Physics II 9PH0 02 -10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rehena12
That's the thing I feel like the topics are so relatively easy that they're going to find a way to make them extremely hard somehow

I think the main thing to look out for on decay questions is what they are looking for I.e are they looking for how many are left or decayed that always trips me out
I have feeling quantum physics will just be an experiment with LEDs estimating plancks or gold leaf that stuff or fluorescent tubes maybe?

Hopefully it’s gold leaf that will be easy but i going to revise how to get Plancks constant now 😂
Original post by Luke_G__
I think the main thing to look out for on decay questions is what they are looking for I.e are they looking for how many are left or decayed that always trips me out

Woahhh what are u talking about??
Anybody got some good links to decay questions that use the actual exponential formulas? All the ones I've had have been easy enough and usually focus on activity or half life stuff, but not focused on what's undecayed? So feel like I'm missing some experience here haha!

Second this! I get what you're talking about I just haven't seen any questions on it so have zero practice in this! Only time I've needed the exponential partical decay equation was usually to calculate some percentage of particles present in a sample
Original post by marieclaire.pi0
Anybody got some good links to decay questions that use the actual exponential formulas? All the ones I've had have been easy enough and usually focus on activity or half life stuff, but not focused on what's undecayed? So feel like I'm missing some experience here haha!

All the questions I've done was on pmt so I'm slightly confused too phahaha

You know ? When they are like asking you to find the number of particles after a given time
You know ? When they are like asking you to find the number of particles after a given time

Do you mean the activity?
I've legit struggled and searched for any questions using the N=Noe^-decay constant x t equations but only found like 2 for 2 marks each I think
Also did your teachers focus on stopping potential and that whole sitch? Like do we need to know that cause I don't have a teacher and that stuff is braaaand new to me. Wondering if it's worth learning?
Do you mean the activity?
I've legit struggled and searched for any questions using the N=Noe^-decay constant x t equations but only found like 2 for 2 marks each I think

My teacher put a massive question booklet on each topic on advanced info together around 200 marks each. There were a few asking for number of atoms left but yh some did ask for activity
My teacher put a massive question booklet on each topic on advanced info together around 200 marks each. There were a few asking for number of atoms left but yh some did ask for activity

What a nice teacher! Were they ones using the above equation?
Also anything in there about stopping potential and LEDs? Just wondering if I need to work that section?
What a nice teacher! Were they ones using the above equation?
Also anything in there about stopping potential and LEDs? Just wondering if I need to work that section?

No nothing on stopping potential or LED’s but I might still look over that
Also did your teachers focus on stopping potential and that whole sitch? Like do we need to know that cause I don't have a teacher and that stuff is braaaand new to me. Wondering if it's worth learning?

Yes go over that is one of the main ways estimating planck
My teacher made surety focus on those experiments but he's a but of a mad man so maybe he's wrong but it'll be helpful
My teacher made surety focus on those experiments but he's a but of a mad man so maybe he's wrong but it'll be helpful

Genuinely hoping he's nuts cause it's not really featured in the advance info but think I'll put it in the list to go over, but I'm not gonna make it top priority.

Also where are we all standing on gravitational waves and forces etc? Have you been focusing on them, or ignoring due to advanced info?
Genuinely hoping he's nuts cause it's not really featured in the advance info but think I'll put it in the list to go over, but I'm not gonna make it top priority.

Also where are we all standing on gravitational waves and forces etc? Have you been focusing on them, or ignoring due to advanced info?

I’m really only sticking to advanced info. The advanced info for the paper 1 was spot on. I’ll maybe watch a video on stopping potential and joe to get planks constant however it already says what practicals are going to be on it for the higher marks
That's what I was thinking aswell, cause I feel happy with the advanced info stuff and I'm sure it'll be harder in the exam, but I don't want to get myself all flustered worrying about stuff I don't need when I could be consolidating and work on what I know I need
I’m really only sticking to advanced info. The advanced info for the paper 1 was spot on. I’ll maybe watch a video on stopping potential and joe to get planks constant however it already says what practicals are going to be on it for the higher marks
That's what I was thinking aswell, cause I feel happy with the advanced info stuff and I'm sure it'll be harder in the exam, but I don't want to get myself all flustered worrying about stuff I don't need when I could be consolidating and work on what I know I need

What practical I feel like if it's just advanced info I've done everything really
What practical I feel like if it's just advanced info I've done everything really

Mainly half thickness of lead since that’s worth most marks apparently
Can anyone help I’m a little confused on half thickness. It’s core practical 15. I’ve seen you can find it like you would half life on a graph but instead of time it’s thickness but I’ve also seen using ln2/mu so I’m not sure ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending