The Student Room Group

Essex vs Leeds Beckett

As an international student, I'm currently facing a dilemma in choosing between the University of Essex and Leeds Beckett University for my MSc studies. Specifically, I'm torn between pursuing MSc Data Science at Leeds Beckett and MSc Artificial Intelligence at Essex. I'm seeking guidance as I feel unsure about which university to select. Leeds Beckett is located in a big city but has a lower ranking compared to Essex, which is known for its good ranking. However, I've heard that Colchester, where Essex is situated, is a relatively quiet city. I'm interested in exploring and experiencing diversity during my time at university. Given this, I'm uncertain whether Colchester or Leeds would offer more opportunities for diverse experiences. It's worth mentioning that Colchester is relatively close to London, although the daily commute would be approximately 2 hours. Additionally, I prefer to reside on campus for the duration of my studies. Considering these factors, I would greatly appreciate guidance on which university would be the better choice for me. Please refrain from simply stating "It's your choice," as I haven't made a decision yet.
Reply 1
Original post by Zeeaan
As an international student, I'm currently facing a dilemma in choosing between the University of Essex and Leeds Beckett University for my MSc studies. Specifically, I'm torn between pursuing MSc Data Science at Leeds Beckett and MSc Artificial Intelligence at Essex. I'm seeking guidance as I feel unsure about which university to select. Leeds Beckett is located in a big city but has a lower ranking compared to Essex, which is known for its good ranking. However, I've heard that Colchester, where Essex is situated, is a relatively quiet city. I'm interested in exploring and experiencing diversity during my time at university. Given this, I'm uncertain whether Colchester or Leeds would offer more opportunities for diverse experiences. It's worth mentioning that Colchester is relatively close to London, although the daily commute would be approximately 2 hours. Additionally, I prefer to reside on campus for the duration of my studies. Considering these factors, I would greatly appreciate guidance on which university would be the better choice for me. Please refrain from simply stating "It's your choice," as I haven't made a decision yet.

Overall, Leeds Beckett University is one of the worst universities in the UK. If it were me, I would never go there whatever the course is. So, ask yourself what you want to do. Would you choose diversity over all the good things you'll find at the UoE?
Reply 2
Thank you for your input, I appreciate it. Will consider your opinion

Original post by Meheraj
Overall, Leeds Beckett University is one of the worst universities in the UK. If it were me, I would never go there whatever the course is. So, ask yourself what you want to do. Would you choose diversity over all the good things you'll find at the UoE?
Reply 3
Original post by Zeeaan
Thank you for your input, I appreciate it. Will consider your opinion

Welcome to you! :smile:

Good luck! :crossedf:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending