The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester muslim accomodation

I'm a muslim so I don't really party or drink alcohol. I'm going to start first year soon but I'm unsure of what accommodation to pick. I'm also stressed about there not being girls only accommodation.
Can anyone give me recommendations?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
fr im in the same situation, and it's really stressing me out
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
lol i replied to myself
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a muslim so I don't really party or drink alcohol. I'm going to start first year soon but I'm unsure of what accommodation to pick. I'm also stressed about there not being girls only accommodation.

im gonna start in sept too but I’m just 30 mins away so no accom. There is an Islamic Society within the uni so maybe you could email them and try finding out how it is?
Reply 4
Thank you I'll give them an email,
the main problem i'm having is that there's no girls only flats left and there's only mixed flats. and I really don't want to live with boys rip
Reply 5
Thank you I'll give them an email,
the main problem i'm having is that there's no girls only flats left and there's only mixed flats. and I really don't want to live with boys rip

Yeh it must be a bit crappy esp as a Muslim girl😭 I’m a guy so idk but just try hunting down and keep searching. You’ll be fine in sha allah :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by sameerc1703
Yeh it must be a bit crappy esp as a Muslim girl😭 I’m a guy so idk but just try hunting down and keep searching. You’ll be fine in sha allah :smile:

In sha allah- literally whenever i find a girls flat it gets sold out so fast like where am I meant to live ughhgghhg
Reply 7
In sha allah- literally whenever i find a girls flat it gets sold out so fast like where am I meant to live ughhgghhg

Keep searching! If I bump into u in September I better hear news of your newly found girl only flat😂
Reply 8
Keep searching! If I bump into u in September I better hear news of your newly found girl only flat😂

muslim rizz. jk. iA you find one, if not try get in touch w 2nd/3rd years through islamic socs and maybe they have their own external accommodations they can let u into. best of luck
Reply 9
Original post by danhas20
muslim rizz. jk. iA you find one, if not try get in touch w 2nd/3rd years through islamic socs and maybe they have their own external accommodations they can let u into. best of luck

LMAO WHY IS THIS FUNNY

but like how do i find 2nd/3rd years
lol i replied to myself

We all just gonna ignore this?
Reply 11
Original post by briteeshbro

yes
LMAO WHY IS THIS FUNNY

FR Wallah I read it in physics I was tryna not to start laughing out loud😭😭
Original post by briteeshbro

I started dying when i first saw this🤣
Reply 14
LMAO WHY IS THIS FUNNY

surely there's some forum. or just be a weirdo and go through the following of the islamic socs insta and dm someone that way. also when you two get married Id like to come to wedding pls. @anonymous and @sameerc1703
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by danhas20
surely there's some forum. or just be a weirdo and go through the following of the islamic socs insta and dm someone that way. also when you two get married Id like to come to wedding pls. @anonymous and @sameerc1703

Nah that’s wild 💀
Reply 16
Nah that’s wild 💀

lollllllll tbh it is but id rather look mental than wake up, walk outside my room and stand in a puddle of ___ where someones relieved themselves after a night out
You could give the accommodation office a ring see what they can do give some of the private hall providers a ring and see if there are any all girl flats you could live in or look for a student house in the private sector or and in the meantime get put on a waiting list for the accommodation you want because people will drop out or withdraw or miss their offers on results day so you might get lucky.
Reply 18

Hey! I'm a muslim girl going to UoM in september too inshallah. I applied for halls normally, then emailed the accom people asking for a single sex flat. It's not guaranteed, but a girl ik in first year said literally all her friends who applied for single sex got it. Apparently they tend to be mainly muslims too, so no need to worry about alcohol and stuff :smile: What are you planning on studying?
Reply 19
Original post by jonathanemptage
You could give the accommodation office a ring see what they can do give some of the private hall providers a ring and see if there are any all girl flats you could live in or look for a student house in the private sector or and in the meantime get put on a waiting list for the accommodation you want because people will drop out or withdraw or miss their offers on results day so you might get lucky.

THANKYOU i emailed the accommodation office and they said i can request a girls flat but they can’t guarantee that i’ll be placed in one. LIKE THEYRE SO USELESS UGH

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending