The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Muslim accommodation

Im thinking of studying at Manchester university this year starting from September 2022. Does anyone have any advice for finding accommodation with Muslim girls only? Would you be allowed to choose whether you want to share with females only or with Muslims only? Are there any specific halls which are targeted towards females only or Muslims?
Also if I chose private accommodation, would I be allowed to choose whether I want Muslims to share with me or females etc.
I’m kind of anxious about accommodation especially because I want to avoid sharing accommodation with people who drink, bring alcohol and with any males.

Scroll to see replies

i think calling the accommodation services at manchester would help with this, you could explain your situation to them and surely there will be other girls who are looking for the same
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
i'm facing the same concern. the best option might be to rent a house and share with people you know
Reply 3
Original post by beenbag
i'm facing the same concern. the best option might be to rent a house and share with people you know

The problem is I’m completely new to Manchester and I do not know anyone who studies or lives in Mancnhester
Original post by Anonymous
Im thinking of studying at Manchester university this year starting from September 2022. Does anyone have any advice for finding accommodation with Muslim girls only? Would you be allowed to choose whether you want to share with females only or with Muslims only? Are there any specific halls which are targeted towards females only or Muslims?
Also if I chose private accommodation, would I be allowed to choose whether I want Muslims to share with me or females etc.
I’m kind of anxious about accommodation especially because I want to avoid sharing accommodation with people who drink, bring alcohol and with any males.

I recommend contacting University of Manchester Islamic Society
Reply 5
The problem is I’m completely new to Manchester and I do not know anyone who studies or lives in Mancnhester

Heyy!! I’m also a Muslim girl starting at UoM in September and looking for similar accomm - I also don’t know anyone in Manchester. Would you wanna drop a message💗
Reply 6
Original post by hs931
Heyy!! I’m also a Muslim girl starting at UoM in September and looking for similar accomm - I also don’t know anyone in Manchester. Would you wanna drop a message💗

Hey yes of course!
Reply 7
Hey yes of course!

Hey I got your message, my PM isn’t letting me reply for some reason so just trying to get it sorted💗
Hi there.

Welcome to TSR.

You'll have to wait a couple of days to PM and post a few more times on forum threads before you can PM :smile:

You also can't PM anonymous accounts.
Reply 9
Original post by hs931
Hey I got your message, my PM isn’t letting me reply for some reason so just trying to get it sorted💗

Okay no worries!
Original post by hs931

Salam. Hartley Halls is an accommodation for Manchester students. They follow quite conservative restrictions from what I’ve heard and are single-sex.
There is also Coniston Hall, residence for Women

Hey, I'm in the same situation as you and was planning to perhaps go into private accom, with a few Muslims women. Can u msg me privately and we can talk about this more. Xx
@hs931 @Anonymous
(edited 2 years ago)
There is also Coniston Hall, residence for women

https://www.conistonhall.org.uk/
Original post by aspiringmedic22
Hey, I'm in the same situation as you and was planning to perhaps go into private accom, with a few Muslims women. Can u msg me privately and we can talk about this more. Xx
@hs931 @Anonymous

Hey, I'm also in the same position as you. Would love to speak to you about it since I'm completely new to Manchester xx
Original post by b.i.t.a.07
Hey, I'm also in the same position as you. Would love to speak to you about it since I'm completely new to Manchester xx

i've sent you a private msg :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by hs931

Hi, I am an international female student in a similar situation. I should be resuming yr1 in september 2022 and looking for muslim girls accomodation. My other option is to book a private accomodation but for the 1st yr I think maybe it is better to be with other students. Have you found a good solution.
Original post by hs931

Heyyyy. I’m also starting at UoM in Sept looking for accom. Also dk anyone in Manchester. It would be nice to get in contact. Message me ur snap or insta ❤️

Hiiii I’m in the same situation. Message me ur socials. We can get to know each other
hiii, im moving to manchester for university in september and also looking for muslim girl accomodation, anyone wanna get in touch x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending