The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 (Higher Tier) 8463/1H - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Pumpk1nPie76
What did you guys get for last question on what happens to the power output when you turn all the switches on?

For that one I just wrote about how if all the switches are closed, then there are more resistors in parallel, so the total resistance of the circuit decreases which means the current increases. P = IV, so increasing current increases the power output.
Original post by sxphielol
it was one of the required practicals i think what did you put?

The required practicals were about density and thermal insulator. Not circuits.
For the specific latent heat question I heard loads of people subtracted the two masses they gave to find the difference and then they used that pass in the calculation. Why did we have to find the mass change? I thought we just had to use 0.08kg as the equation only mentions temperature change not change in mass?? 😞😞😞
Because the mass that evaporated was only 0.009kg, not all of the water had evaporated because the change in mass is just telling you the mass of water that evaporated
Original post by Samovar
Did anyone else get 6 for that calculation question about the plane?

I got 6 for one of the questions don't remember which
terrible they literally gave us stuff from the not assessed list i wanted to cry so bad
Original post by rachaelm1389
did anyone get 10.7 for one of the answers an 25?

no? I don't remember tho
Original post by SCh23
Why on Earth did they put circuits in???

dk, it was in the topic not assessed section, AQA are scamming us
it was one of the required practicals i think what did you put?

the RPs was investigating insulation and determining density, circuits was not one of them
I'm not gonna ask or look at answers bc I am buzzing about that exam and I don't wanna ruin that. Ignorance is bliss. I hope it went well for you all
what did everyone put on the becquerels one i wrote about half life and nuclei decay i think i got D was the most unstable and B was the most stable not sure about the others

I think u r on the wrong thread, this is triple
Original post by ukstudent1029
Because the mass that evaporated was only 0.009kg, not all of the water had evaporated because the change in mass is just telling you the mass of water that evaporated

Wait so you were meant to use 0.009kg right?
I got that but it looked like an unrealistic number but I still used it but still sceptical. Or maybe I just did it wrong idk.
Original post by rachaelm1389
did anyone get 10.7 for one of the answers an 25?

I didnt get 10.7 but I got 25 for a 6 marker I think
Original post by oliviapope1
ikr i started panicking

frrrrr
Reply 54
did anyone get 2,800,000 for the latent heat of vaporisation
Im pretty sure thats what i used, idk why theyd give us both numbers if we didnt have to use them
Except AQA does love to scam us so-

Original post by Shubbb12
Wait so you were meant to use 0.009kg right?
I got that but it looked like an unrealistic number but I still used it but still sceptical. Or maybe I just did it wrong idk.
Original post by KJ_05

Yeahhhh that's what I got
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 57
Anyone recognise these numbers for qs. 6 for one of 5/6 markers. 2.8 million. Was the boys mass higher than girls.
Original post by KJ_05

yup
Original post by A233m
Anyone recognise these numbers for qs. 6 for one of 5/6 markers. 2.8 million. Was the boys mass higher than girls.

yh I got 6m/s for one and 2800000J/kg for the other, I ticked that boys mass was greater than the girls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending