The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Paper 2 (Higher Tier) 8463/2H - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tayIorswift17
weren’t you supposed to just get the mass of the hailstone and multiply that by the acceleration? bc force = mass x acceleration

no, u were supposed to do p=mv so 0.0185 x 25 = 0.4625 then f=change in p/time so 0.4625/0.06 = 7.71N, but u could have done it using f=ma and the velocity equation and got the same answer
Original post by 22lpl
It didn’t ask why did the brick sink, it asked why was it stationary… idk but I put:

the downwards force due to the bricks weight is balanced by the equal and opposite upwards normal contact force. The resultant force is therefore 0 so the brick is stationary.

I didn’t mention upthrust at all, maybe I should have but didn’t seem right

i put that too! I think it is related with normal contact forces fr.
Original post by do de die egg
I put velocity but I think it was battery size and battery type

i put battery type and the speed of the car is that right? If it has a greater speed more energy is converted from chemical to kinetic.
I put velocity but I think it was battery size and battery type

I said drag ( reduces the speed thus the distance) and terrain ( I said the road may be bumpy which increases the time taken so decreases the speed).
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 22lpl
Wrong. The assumption is that the current acts at right angles to the magnetic field, that’s literally what it says in the specification. F=BIl onlu applies when current is at 90° to magnetic field

do u seriously think there is only 1 answer?
I think the force was something like 540N. I converted it wrong though so I got 1.5 m instead of 15m. How many marks would I lose?

You only lose 1 mark for not converting.
what did people get for the force question with the terminal velocity graphs?

Original post by 22lpl
It didn’t ask why did the brick sink, it asked why was it stationary… idk but I put:

the downwards force due to the bricks weight is balanced by the equal and opposite upwards normal contact force. The resultant force is therefore 0 so the brick is stationary.

I didn’t mention upthrust at all, maybe I should have but didn’t seem right

I put that the water particles above the block apply an equal force on all the sufaces of the brick (pressure) and there is therefore no resultant force, making it stationary :/
Original post by banana8224
do u seriously think there is only 1 answer?

It said give one reason implying there would be more than one
Original post by Harry Aldridge
It said give one reason implying there would be more than one

Yes, there are many answers to that question. The Mark Scheme will say something like:
[answer here]
accept [2nd answer]
or [3rd answer]
etc etc
Original post by zaza66yosup
i put that too! I think it is related with normal contact forces fr.

That’s interesting. I initially wrote upthrust and went for the normal contact force in the end. I do hope we are right!
yo guys what other questions came up im doing these papers for mocks please help. Also yk this paper is it for triple science? I am atually going to kill myself bruv someone help me.
yeah its triple
they had lots of questions where you have to double check the units
there's one on magnetic flux density for like 6 arks on paper 2 I think
I don't really remember the other stuff sorry
overall the papers were easy in my opinion so you should be fine
Original post by Bruv:(
yo guys what other questions came up im doing these papers for mocks please help. Also yk this paper is it for triple science? I am atually going to kill myself bruv someone help me.
Original post by banana8224
Density 6 mark question was: 10400
Last Question was: 12 300

Trust me these are the correct answers, those of you that got something like 10400 did not do the conversions correctly.
Edit: yes mb i fixed the number

where's your evidence that these are correct 🤨🤨🤨🤨

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending