The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Paper 2 (Higher Tier) 8463/2H - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
A lot of people have got 1000 for the 6 mark density question. its cuz the height of the column is 2.5m+10cm of the height of the brick. Also what did people put for the last one, i think they gave the asnwer in the question (618) cuz the wording was exactly the same
Original post by sh0002
A lot of people have got 1000 for the 6 mark density question. its cuz the height of the column is 2.5m+10cm of the height of the brick. Also what did people put for the last one, i think they gave the asnwer in the question (618) cuz the wording was exactly the same

hmm i thought it was 1040, cos the force value that they gave was for the top face of the brick i think.
Reply 62
Original post by potatoes25
i got 12300 but idk if i did it right

Wait yeah I think I got that
It was defo 123 something cause it was 3s.f
Multiple choice question for alcohol?
I did the 2nd and 4th option
Original post by farafrog

same
Original post by farafrog

what were those ones?
Original post by potatoes25
what were those ones?

mean reaction time is slower with alcohol
and people's reaction times were affected differently i think
Original post by reubenn05
mean reaction time is slower with alcohol
and people's reaction times were affected differently i think

ok thanks yh i got those two
(Original post by reubenn05)same

same

GOING COLLEGE
Can anyone check if they got the same answers as me
400, 1040, 75, 7.7, 1.4 and 30,000,000
For the density, do you not add 10cm to make it 2.6m? Because I though it said the distance from the top of the block to the surface of water was 2.5m, but since the block was 10cm, you add the extra 10cm for the total depth of water?
Reply 71
Original post by Unknown3409
For the density, do you not add 10cm to make it 2.6m? Because I though it said the distance from the top of the block to the surface of water was 2.5m, but since the block was 10cm, you add the extra 10cm for the total depth of water?

yh tahts what i did and got 1000, makes sense cuz the acc density of water irl is 997
Original post by Unknown3409

no bc the force acts on the top of the block
Reply 73
i messed up on the length question im very sure it was 15m but divided it the wrong way round to get 0.6 does anyone remember how many marks it was
I got 1.4m/s
1380 V
0.833 N for tomato

which question was the 7.71 for?
Original post by Balloonz
It asked for the mean weight of the five tomatoes so you had to divide 4.165 by 5

No, you get 4.165 by dividing the last value by 5. Lol. You have to do 0.425 x 5 and then divide by 5 at the end. Or just leave it... But you only divided by 5.
Original post by Jason:(
you forgot the block was 10cm height anyway. so the answer was 1083 not 1040. I made your mistake then corrected

I got this as well! The question said the force on the TOP of the block was 637N, and the depth of water to the BOTTOM of the block was 2.5m. So, to get the depth to the top, you do 2.5m - 0.1m... 1000 does make more sense, but I’ve done the question again and got 1083 once more...
Anyone else think aqa were sneaky for putting a whole question on transformers and magnets despite it being low tariff content???
Original post by sewey1
i messed up on the length question im very sure it was 15m but divided it the wrong way round to get 0.6 does anyone remember how many marks it was

I got 15 and yeah 3/4 marks maybe.
Original post by sewey1

Pretty sure it was 3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending