The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Paper 2 (Higher Tier) 8463/2H - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Anyone remember the question about the cars thinking distance? How can a car have a thinking distance? The question was; How would a person's slower reaction time affect a cars thinking distance!
Also what did people write for why the block was stationary?
Original post by Jason:(
you forgot the block was 10cm height anyway. so the answer was 1083 not 1040. I made your mistake then corrected

Are you sure? I don't think you actually had to do anything with the height since you only needed the surface area of the top of the block.
Reply 83
how did people get 7.71 i got 7.666 then rounded it to 7.7
Original post by davidfor
Are you sure? I don't think you actually had to do anything with the height since you only needed the surface area of the top of the block.

You needed the height of the column of water to work out the density of the water
Original post by Unknown3409

i think it was cuz the weight of the water above the brick was high as it was at the bottom of the pool and it combined with the weight of the brick itself was greater than the bricks upthrust because it couldnt displace its own weight in water

I think so...
Pressure on top surface P=F/A, P=637/0.025, P=25480 Pa

Depth of column to bottom = 2.5m, therefore, depth to TOP surface is 2.4m

Density = pressure / hg, = 25480/(2.4*9.8) = 1083 kg/m2????
Original post by antis13
You needed the height of the column of water to work out the density of the water

Oh yeah, I did use that. I meant as in the height of the block not the column of the water.
Original post by Unknown3409

I said something like the weight is greater than its upthrust, so the resultant force is 0 meaning it is going to remain stationary
Original post by oliviapope1
which question was the 7.71 for?

one with the hailstone and the graph with the mass and terminal velocity
Original post by JS234780
I think so...
Pressure on top surface P=F/A, P=637/0.025, P=25480 Pa

Depth of column to bottom = 2.5m, therefore, depth to TOP surface is 2.4m

Density = pressure / hg, = 25480/(2.4*9.8) = 1083 kg/m2????

I think what they meant by the height was from the top of the surface of the block, not the bottom of the block. I don't remember the question fully so they might have mentioned it was from the bottom of the block, but I'm not sure.
Density 6 mark question was: 10400
Last Question was: 12 300

Trust me these are the correct answers, those of you that got something like 10400 did not do the conversions correctly.
Edit: yes mb i fixed the number
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by potatoes25
i got 12300 but idk if i did it right

I got that too
Original post by banana8224
Density 6 mark question was: 10.4
Last Question was: 12 300

Trust me these are the correct answers, those of you that got something like 10400 did not do the conversions correctly

Do you know how many marks the last one was worth?
for the F=BIL questions, what was the assumption?
Original post by minnierocks
Do you know how many marks the last one was worth?

The last question was a 3 marker
Original post by cyclopedi

Current remains the same / No current is dissipated into the surroundings, anything along those lines would be correct.
I think what they meant by the height was from the top of the surface of the block, not the bottom of the block. I don't remember the question fully so they might have mentioned it was from the bottom of the block, but I'm not sure.

I think they said it was the bottom..... but I’m not entirely sure!!! Like you, I would need to see the question again to be 100% sure. Either way, one way of working will get all 6 marks, and another way might get 4/5, which isn’t too detrimental. :smile:
Original post by Jimmy Anderson
Anyone else think aqa were sneaky for putting a whole question on transformers and magnets despite it being low tariff content???

It’s annoying. Especially as momentum being a major focus was just a 3 mark calculation
Original post by cyclopedi

I said that the assumption was that the cable was perpendicular to the Earth’s magnetic field... It mentions that as an assumption of the equation in the spec I think!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending