The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

No response - worried

I'm an international student with an unconditional offer (MSC Computer Science) which I accepted. I also paid the 1500 GBP deposit on the 21st of March (got an auto-acknowledgement from the cash-office).

I've since sent two mails (ten days apart) and have not heard anything back. I wanted to know the timeline for the next steps, specifically generating the CAS number.

I'm starting to get a little worried.

Is it normal for the university to not reply for weeks? All I need is a note saying 'here's the timeline..'.
According to the St. Andrews web site.

"Once you have been issued and have accepted an unconditional offer from the University there is an administrative process that will be completed to move you from ‘applicant’ to ‘entrant’. Once this process is complete you will be contacted, from mid-March onwards, to start the CAS process."

See https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/support/international-students/moving-to-uk/visas/apply/cas/.

Is that the information you were looking for?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Yup, I've seen that, but was hoping to get a concrete sense of when the process would start, for my case, so I can start preparing my VISA document bundle and schedule an appointment with the local embassy.
Reply 3
Just heard back from them - CAS process will begin end of April.

Relieved! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Just heard back from them - CAS process will begin end of April.

Relieved! :smile:

Hurrah!

(BTW, thanks for letting us know. When I post on TSR, I almost always want to know how things turned out, but the OP often just vanishes.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending