The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

9 weeks and still waiting for an offer

Hello all,
I applied for Leeds at the beginning of December and sent off my A2L application a few days later. The last message I got from the uni was a confirmation email that they had received my A2L application- I got this email on ~12th December.
I've received offers from all other unis but am still waiting on a response from Leeds.
I know that the unis have until May to respond but it's unnerving me that it's been almost 9 weeks and I've not had an offer/rejection yet.
I've had a look around forums and threads and I haven't seen anyone say they've applied/got an offer for my course but the business school have given out offers.
Am I overreacting? All I can do is wait but o boi am i anXiOuS
No news is good news.
As long as they haven't sent you a rejection, then you've still got a chance. All universities manage applications differently but for some, it's completely random and you just have to wait until they get to you.

I know plenty of people for all different sorts of courses who are still waiting to hear back. I wouldn't worry. Good luck!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
This is pretty common to be honest. You are fortunate that for university applications I think(?) they are obliged to give you a response. When you start applying for jobs, you will find that many companies don't even bother giving a response :/. Sit tight and wait it out, although you could email to find out if there has been any progress, I wouldn't worry too much about it just yet.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hello all,
I applied for Leeds at the beginning of December and sent off my A2L application a few days later. The last message I got from the uni was a confirmation email that they had received my A2L application- I got this email on ~12th December.
I've received offers from all other unis but am still waiting on a response from Leeds.
I know that the unis have until May to respond but it's unnerving me that it's been almost 9 weeks and I've not had an offer/rejection yet.
I've had a look around forums and threads and I haven't seen anyone say they've applied/got an offer for my course but the business school have given out offers.

I am mainly posting this to ask if you could keep this updated on if/when you hear from them. I'm asking because I'm in a similar boat and I'm waiting for my last uni (Leeds) to get back to me as well. Thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by JLF19
I am mainly posting this to ask if you could keep this updated on if/when you hear from them. I'm asking because I'm in a similar boat and I'm waiting for my last uni (Leeds) to get back to me as well. Thank you!

I will!
Hello all,

did you eventually get your offer?
Reply 6
Same story here. 7 weeks and still waiting to hear from Leeds. All others have replied.

I also wrote to them personally and they have replied that my application is still with the Dept.

So I would like to believe- No news is a good news. :smile:))

Let's keep waiting.
Hello all,

I'm in exactly the same boat, still waiting :/
Reply 8
Hello,
I did get an offer from Leeds at the beginning of March.
Leeds seem to take a lil longer than usual to give out offers but I know a lot of people who are still waiting for responses from any/all of their unis. I wouldn't stress about it- with the entire covid situation, everything is uncertain.
Reply 9
This is a bit late as an update, but I got my offer early April
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello all,
When did you hear back from them?

Quick Reply

Latest