The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Physics Exploring physics H556/02 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alu1337
Since you 2 bunnies are so confident, would you be able to tell me what you got for the 3 one markers on the capacitor. I think I got 0.5, 2, 2.
Also, what about the reason for the dust in the tube moving towards the nodes or antinodes (cant remember which)? I had a hard time trying to phrase that. Well done on the exam.

Same I got those values too
Original post by Alu1337
Since you 2 bunnies are so confident, would you be able to tell me what you got for the 3 one markers on the capacitor. I think I got 0.5, 2, 2.
Also, what about the reason for the dust in the tube moving towards the nodes or antinodes (cant remember which)? I had a hard time trying to phrase that. Well done on the exam.

Bunnies lol. Idr the one markers sorry. I just said because nodes are stationary it would all pile up or something like that.
Original post by Manny050
The only calculation I didn’t get was the last one, time exposed to the radiation of energy 2.6J at distance 1cm

I got 2s, from converting the Wm-2 to Wcm-2, W = J/s, and I ended up getting 1.3 so I multiplied that by 2 to get 2.6 :s-smilie:
Original post by waleed15
Same I got those values too

I remember I got those also
Original post by Intramoon
I got 2s, from converting the Wm-2 to Wcm-2, W = J/s, and I ended up getting 1.3 so I multiplied that by 2 to get 2.6 :s-smilie:

20seconds
Original post by Ameister69
20seconds

I got this too.
How much of the exam was the advanced information in percentage?
I would say 80-85%
Cus there was quite a bit of electricity
Original post by anonymous15551
I would say 80-85%
Cus there was quite a bit of electricity

Are you replying to me, just checking
Original post by QueenzOfShadows
Are you replying to me, just checking

yh
Did anyone else get around 8x10^-9 for the capacitance question where you had to divide the gradient by ln2???
Reply 51
I got 0.05 seconds for the last x ray calculation
That was hard
Original post by QueenzOfShadows
How much of the exam was the advanced information in percentage?

The advance info was very good. I was basically only revising from the advance info for the last few days and I don't recall anything unexpected that came up.
What did people get for when frequency greater what happens to the ammeter?
Original post by tatatatata

I said cause the energy of the rays is greater moves with more kinetic energy so ammeter reading goes up as electrons cause current

I had a bit of a guess but I said it increases. Increased frequency means greater energy - means electron has greater KE - means it travels faster - means the current increases as the charge flows in a shorter time. Not sure if this was the correct way to think about it though.
Original post by MOFW
I got 0.05 seconds for the last x ray calculation

I'm pretty sure it qas 1/0.05

Ammeter shows a reading because some electrons now can reach plate C
That was easily better than paper 1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending