The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 3 7192/3 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anastazjaz
after paper 2 im so scared for this paper

i feel like anything could go wrong with p3 and imagine if the papers are in order of difficulty...double ****
Original post by orion reid
just guessing.
explanations of corporate crime, and may be for the 4 markers things like fictional representations of crime or how the media can induce criminal activities like imitation and stuff like that but it could also not be in the textbook and we might have to use our knowledge to gather resources. sadly

why would it not be in the textbook
Original post by bumblebee03
why would it not be in the textbook

like not explicitly just like how the text book doesn’t make links to some things and you get questions that ask you to link those things together
Original post by orion reid
just guessing.
explanations of corporate crime, and may be for the 4 markers things like fictional representations of crime or how the media can induce criminal activities like imitation and stuff like that but it could also not be in the textbook and we might have to use our knowledge to gather resources. sadly

yeah! after yday's exam i dont think the advanced info will help for the 30 marker either
Original post by khushi.xo
yeah! after yday's exam i dont think the advanced info will help for the 30 marker either

The 20 markers literally did fit the advanced info... thats on you if you didn't revise properly
Original post by cheesetoasties1
The 20 markers literally did fit the advanced info... thats on you if you didn't revise properly

Who said i didnt revise properly? im just saying it wasnt made clear.. people have opinions. you cant just tell someone 'thats on you if you didnt revise properly'?
Original post by khushi.xo
Who said i didnt revise properly? im just saying it wasnt made clear.. people have opinions. you cant just tell someone 'thats on you if you didnt revise properly'?

same the definitions of religion part was only like 2 paragraphs in the textbook. i thought it was just an introduction to the topic i have no idea how they thought it was a good idea to make that into a 20 marker.
I was talking about definitions as well but linked it to perspectives and other topics because there wasn’t loads to say - would that be right :smile: ?
Original post by xxmorgan04
same the definitions of religion part was only like 2 paragraphs in the textbook. i thought it was just an introduction to the topic i have no idea how they thought it was a good idea to make that into a 20 marker.

I was talking about definitions as well but linked it to perspectives and other topics because there wasn’t loads to say - would that be right ?
Original post by xxmorgan04

me too!! i fully thought it was an introduction lmaoo
Does anyone have any example essay questions for the 30 marker on crime and deviance ?
me too!! i fully thought it was an introduction lmaoo

i just want to see the mark scheme for it
Original post by Mi964
after tuesday's exam, i have a feeling the 30 marker advanced info is going to be misleading. i don't think it will be on topic 9, but more broadly social control such as left and right realism theories of control etc. also explains why it says 'crime, deviance' in the advanced info, maybe hinting its gonna be broad

“crime deviance” is theories of crime isn’t it? like merton strain and interactionalist and the subcultural theories?
Reply 33
“crime deviance” is theories of crime isn’t it? like merton strain and interactionalist and the subcultural theories?

idk, would they not have just said theories? like everything counts as crime and deviance we are doing. tbh i find the whole advanced info for sociology rlly confusing
Original post by Mi964
after tuesday's exam, i have a feeling the 30 marker advanced info is going to be misleading. i don't think it will be on topic 9, but more broadly social control such as left and right realism theories of control etc. also explains why it says 'crime, deviance' in the advanced info, maybe hinting its gonna be broad

topic 9? i was told its on theories how the hell did punishment, victims etc come in?
Original post by Olivia.56
I was talking about definitions as well but linked it to perspectives and other topics because there wasn’t loads to say - would that be right ?

it should be right in my opinion!! as long as you made the links and evaluated it properly or to a good standard and referred back to the question and item then yes!!
Does anyone know what the 2021 questions for this paper were?
Original post by yellowbuttercup
Does anyone know what the 2021 questions for this paper were?

I want to know this too
Original post by Mi964
idk, would they not have just said theories? like everything counts as crime and deviance we are doing. tbh i find the whole advanced info for sociology rlly confusing

if you read the spec there is not “theories of crime” section. it’s based on the spec and victims and punishment is a different part of the spec
Original post by Mi964

“crime, deviance, social order and social control

the social distribution of crime and deviance by ethnicity, gender and social class, including recent patterns and trends in crime

globalisation and crime in contemporary society; the media and crime; green crime; human rights and state crimes

crime control, surveillance, prevention and punishment, victims, and the role of the criminal justice system and other agencies.”
that’s the spec so the question will come from the first bit which i’m pretty sure us theories of crime

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending