The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 3 7192/3 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by khushi.xo
Falls into the perspective part as its a perspective. Idk about mental illness tho sorry x

Oh ok that’s fine, just because we briefly went over labelling and mental illness in the crime and deviance section but didn’t know where it could fit
Original post by s.Ellie
Oh ok that’s fine, just because we briefly went over labelling and mental illness in the crime and deviance section but didn’t know where it could fit

I don’t think we learned about mental illness, what is it about exactly?
Original post by studynutella
I don’t think we learned about mental illness, what is it about exactly?

Hardly remember because it was so brief, but it was looking at deviance outside of the crime sphere, so it linked labelling theory to mental illness & suicide as most things are classed as deviant, such as those 2 things, due to society and then it just looked at the effects of a master status on those individuals and effects of institutionalisation within psychiatric wards
Reply 83
does anyone have any predictions for what the theory and methods questions are going to be ??

hopefully its functionalism for the 20 marker
Original post by nm004
does anyone have any predictions for what the theory and methods questions are going to be ??

I think social action v structural
Original post by nm004

I feel like it will be Feminism
do you think they could ask us a question just about subcultural theories specifically
Original post by Alayna12

pos and interpretism isn’t going to be the 30 marker: conflict, consensus, structural, social action (functionalist marxist feminist social action)
Original post by s.Ellie
Which point of the spec does labelling theory and mental illness fit into?

labelling = social action/ symbolic interactionalism so included in advanced info
also a part of crime and deviance topic - theories of crime and class differences
(edited 1 year ago)
hi to anyone confused or a bit lost like i always am, here's what the paper is going to look like:

Q1. 4 marks on crime
Q2. 6 marks on crime
Q3. 10 marks on crime
Q4. 30 marks on probably evaluating a sociology theory on where crime comes from

Q5. 10 marks on a theory or method
Q6. 20 marks on evaluating a sociology theory in general society
im confused whats topics are the advanced spec on ? 1,2,3,4?
i hope feminism isn't the crime evaluation bc i have basically nothing on it. my textbook has one page
Original post by s.Ellie
I feel like it will be Feminism
Original post by pillowfields
i hope feminism isn't the crime evaluation bc i have basically nothing on it. my textbook has one page

I was referring to the 20 marker, not the crime section
do you guys think the grade boundaries for this year will be lower, higher or about the same as 2019
its has to be lower idc
Original post by robqttedcant
do you guys think the grade boundaries for this year will be lower, higher or about the same as 2019
Original post by behxshtaa
its has to be lower idc

Ong bro, or ull see me working in mcdonalds in a few years
what would your points be if the 20 marker was a social action v structural question?
Reply 97
So apparently the structure I’ve been using for the last 2 years scores lower marks? And I’m finding this out a day before the last exam… considering I’ve been getting consistent A’s and A*’s w/ predicted A* I’m stressing out rn 🤣

For example evaluate Marxist view:
Intro
P1 Marxist view 1
P2 Marxist view 2
P3 Functionalist (..however despite Marxist contribution, functionalists would argue that..)
P4 Feminist
Outro

With all paragraphs having point, explain, evidence, analysis and evaluation

Please someone tell me they do something similar because everyone I’ve spoke to doesn’t do this 😭 I’m genuinely very worried / panicky
Original post by 11RZ
So apparently the structure I’ve been using for the last 2 years scores lower marks? And I’m finding this out a day before the last exam… considering I’ve been getting consistent A’s and A*’s w/ predicted A* I’m stressing out rn 🤣

For example evaluate Marxist view:
Intro
P1 Marxist view 1
P2 Marxist view 2
P3 Functionalist (..however despite Marxist contribution, functionalists would argue that..)
P4 Feminist
Outro

With all paragraphs having point, explain, evidence, analysis and evaluation

Please someone tell me they do something similar because everyone I’ve spoke to doesn’t do this 😭 I’m genuinely very worried / panicky

That's fine, no? As long as the P3/4 links back to Marxist with thorough evaluation. (However, Marxists would criticise the functionalist view because...)
do you think I'd be restricting what mark band I could get into if I only wrote 3 paragraphs + intro and conclusion instead of 4 for the 30 markers as all my paragraphs are like a page long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending