The Student Room Group

The Med School Blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by micholate9
Thank you, it's very kind of you to offer!

And please also keep us updated on how your daughter gets along with her application for next year :smile:

I will thank you, I can’t wait for her to finish her a levels and then we have a holiday the four of us postponed from 2020 to Boston. It will be nice to forget about medicine (for a short while at least) 😂😂🙈
Succulents? Little desk plants are so cute! They're definitely calming, which is something we would probably need from time to time!
Yes definitely! We should all share photos of our desk set ups when we're ready!
Me neither!!!

Cannot wait for the day I get to resign from my job and to stop pretending that I actually care about the work :lol:
Original post by WTSBLG
Everything from kitchen stuff to bathroom items, room and personal!
Things such as pans, cutlery, duvets, a couple of towels, a crazy number of bowls (I'll definitely just pick a few :tongue:), bathroom items like air fresheners and surface cleaners. This isn't even all of it but the more I type the more I realise how much I've already bought :rofl:

Gosh you’re so organised! I haven’t even started thinking about this stuff
Me neither!!!

Cannot wait for the day I get to resign from my job and to stop pretending that I actually care about the work :lol:

Lmao this is me and my job rn - I don’t mind organising the shop floor, but changing hangers is boring
Thank you for adding me to the blog @KA_P :biggrin:

I won't be moving to halls so I don't have a list of stuff to buy, but I'm preparing by watching youtube videos by med students. There are so many great channels out there and I get so excited about it all! Absolutely love Kharma Medic's vlogs!

I'm also resisting buying stationary because I'm hoping to go digital with my notes this time around. Having lots of paper notes is such a pain in terms of storage, and also when you have to move house!! Anyone used Notion on here?

:hugs:

Ooh that's a great idea! I've been watching a few of Faye Bates' videos, since she already studies at ARU :biggrin: I might watch some other YouTubers too!

Me too, I've got stationery from sixth form, so I don't think I'll be buying much soon and I'm hoping to buy a iPad set when the back to school offers come around in June/July. Exactly! I think I'll be moving in the first or second week of September hehe

I really like Notion! I used throughout sixth form and the new updates are meant to be good too :yep:
Yes definitely! We should all share photos of our desk set ups when we're ready!

THAT SO CUTE! We definitely should!!
Original post by PastelColours
omg I didnt even know this exists. time for me to follow this ty

Do you want me to add you to the tag list?? :hugs:
Hopefully I get the grades I need this summer but I’d like to join this too! This sounds like a great idea to me 😄
Original post by KA_P
Do you want me to add you to the tag list?? :hugs:

Yes please! Thanks
Tenks! Okay now I have another source of motivation. Going to do bang out Anki flashcards on bio!
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
Gosh you’re so organised! I haven’t even started thinking about this stuff

I couldn't help it hahah, my mum was also so excited that she started coming home with random bits :lol:
Original post by WTSBLG
I couldn't help it hahah, my mum was also so excited that she started coming home with random bits :lol:

Aww omg that’s so sweet
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
Aww omg that’s so sweet

At least for now I can occupy myself with applying for FH, but I'm stuck on how much I should write and what to include :s-smilie:
Original post by WTSBLG
At least for now I can occupy myself with applying for FH, but I'm stuck on how much I should write and what to include :s-smilie:

Ooh good luck!
It was 800 words long 😭 and most of it was waffle anyway
Oh I was typing out so much more than just a paragraph in my draft... nearing 3 paragraphs :flute:

I'll be sure to cut it down somehow!

I'm confident that IB will get it then :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
Tag me too please! :smile:

@ShadowHokage I didn't know you're an aspiring medic (I still feel bad about editing your post that day :biggrin:)
(edited 2 years ago)
Well I started by how I discovered the medicine forum and then how much people had helped me. Then I talked about my reapplication and how I improved from last year and how I have been helping others to do the same. And then I mentioned what I’d like to do if I am made an FH

You can tell I took English Lit at Higher Level lol - I like writing
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending