The Student Room Group

The Med School Blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShadowHokage
Tenks! Okay now I have another source of motivation. Going to do bang out Anki flashcards on bio!

Shall I add you to the tag list?
Original post by KA_P
:hugs:

Ooh that's a great idea! I've been watching a few of Faye Bates' videos, since she already studies at ARU :biggrin: I might watch some other YouTubers too!

Me too, I've got stationery from sixth form, so I don't think I'll be buying much soon and I'm hoping to buy a iPad set when the back to school offers come around in June/July. Exactly! I think I'll be moving in the first or second week of September hehe

I really like Notion! I used throughout sixth form and the new updates are meant to be good too :yep:

I haven't come across Faye Bates but I will look her up :biggrin:

I'm also considering whether it's worth splurging on an ipad or not atm! They're so useful but so expensive. I also need a new phone because mine is quite old now and dying! I'll definitely wait for their summer back to school discount if I decide to get one.

Glad to see someone else familiar with Notion. I haven't used it but it looks really good.
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
Lmao this is me and my job rn - I don’t mind organising the shop floor, but changing hangers is boring

I can't imagine working in retail!!

Do you at least have nice co-workers?
Original post by KA_P
Shall I add you to the tag list?

Yes please :smile:
Original post by TriplexA
Tag me too please! :smile:

@ShadowHokage I didn't know you're an aspiring medic (I still feel bad about editing your post that day :biggrin:)

No worries it's fine! I'm soon to be A medic (iA) - as long as OCR plays along nicely in summer :biggrin:
Original post by ShadowHokage
No worries it's fine! I'm soon to be A medic (iA) - as long as OCR plays along nicely in summer :biggrin:

Wish you all the best for the exams :biggrin:

Thanks for the tag @KA_P :smile:
Oh this sounds like a nice blog! I'm terrible at talking consistently in blogs but I'd like to say hi! :hello:

Spoiler

Original post by micholate9
I can't imagine working in retail!!

Do you at least have nice co-workers?

It’s chaotic ahaha. Most of my co-workers are lovely, although as I’ve just moved into fashion, I’ve been paired up with a colleague for 90 days and she’s so bossy it’s very annoying :/
At one point I wanted to study English Literature at uni and become an English teacher :rofl:
It’s chaotic ahaha. Most of my co-workers are lovely, although as I’ve just moved into fashion, I’ve been paired up with a colleague for 90 days and she’s so bossy it’s very annoying :/

Eugh there's always one!
Work is so much easier to get through if you work with nice people!
Eugh there's always one!
Work is so much easier to get through if you work with nice people!

Yes it is! Especially when the work isn’t always that interesting
I haven't come across Faye Bates but I will look her up :biggrin:

I'm also considering whether it's worth splurging on an ipad or not atm! They're so useful but so expensive. I also need a new phone because mine is quite old now and dying! I'll definitely wait for their summer back to school discount if I decide to get one.

Glad to see someone else familiar with Notion. I haven't used it but it looks really good.

I'm going to try and buy an iPad air set (with the pen and cover and things like that) as well as a laptop 🙈. With the back to school discount, I think we'll be able to get free air pods aha. Everything is so expensive :bawling:

I enjoyed using it, although I haven't tried using it on a laptop - only on my phone so far. Hopefully, I can shift onto laptop in uni.
Original post by yippy-yikes
Oh this sounds like a nice blog! I'm terrible at talking consistently in blogs but I'd like to say hi! :hello:

Spoiler

Would you like me to add you to the tag list?

Spoiler

@_Rusty_ do you want me to add you to the tag list :hugs:
Original post by KA_P
@_Rusty_ do you want me to add you to the tag list :hugs:

Pls:tongue:
Original post by KA_P
I'm going to try and buy an iPad air set (with the pen and cover and things like that) as well as a laptop 🙈. With the back to school discount, I think we'll be able to get free air pods aha. Everything is so expensive :bawling:

I enjoyed using it, although I haven't tried using it on a laptop - only on my phone so far. Hopefully, I can shift onto laptop in uni.

There’s a back to school discount? Sorry I’m not originally from this country ahaha
There’s a back to school discount? Sorry I’m not originally from this country ahaha

Apple always do 10% off for students all year around. Over summer they sometimes have additional offers like free air pods for students if you buy a macbook or ipad.
(edited 2 years ago)
Apple always do 10% for students. Over summer they sometimes have additional offers like free air pods for students if you buy a macbook or ipad.

I'm still deciding whether or not to go digital notes since I've seen so many people use it and it looks so convenient :argh:

Yep! Apple’s back to school discount is one I am patiently waiting for!

Also can I say, I was always confused by your username (I never actually read it proper, I just letters - weird Ik!) and now I read it. It makes so much sense! IB-kid-in-the-corner. I feel like I’ve deciphered a difficult code.
Original post by WTSBLG
I'm still deciding whether or not to go digital notes since I've seen so many people use it and it looks so convenient :argh:

It might be worth trying digital for a bit in the first term to see if it works for you. You could switch back to paper notes if it doesn't.

Everyone is different and both methods have their pros and cons! Start of uni is also about figuring out how you learn!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending