The Student Room Group

The Med School Blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WTSBLG
I'm still deciding whether or not to go digital notes since I've seen so many people use it and it looks so convenient :argh:

I’d say go digital. I have a mentor and he is in med school. Making notes on paper & pen is very difficult because of the volume of content you have to cover. Plus with digital notes you can study anywhere, for example when commuting to the university.
Yes, you can use your UCAS offer letter to get verified 😊
Guys students can get discounts at SO many places! Have a look on unidays website to see what you can get before buying anything expensive!

https://www.myunidays.com/GB/en-GB/category/all-technology?gclid=Cj0KCQjwxtSSBhDYARIsAEn0thRp-0JJ6oISibZvyw1zpaN09P72UFGrP4Dn0wJRMRaO1XLk_ae6u68aAgB-EALw_wcB
Original post by micholate9
It might be worth trying digital for a bit in the first term to see if it works for you. You could switch back to paper notes if it doesn't.

Everyone is different and both methods have their pros and cons! Start of uni is also about figuring out how you learn!

Hmm that's true, I'm constantly debating on whether or not I should get an iPad specifically. I could definitely make notes on laptop but typing feels rather passive (?) sometimes since I'm so familiar with typing at this point :colonhash:
Original post by ShadowHokage
I’d say go digital. I have a mentor and he is in med school. Making notes on paper & pen is very difficult because of the volume of content you have to cover. Plus with digital notes you can study anywhere, for example when commuting to the university.

I've heard that a lot yeah, since there's so much I know I won't be able to write that quickly :lol: Does your mentor have some sort of tablet or is he just using laptop?
Original post by WTSBLG
I've heard that a lot yeah, since there's so much I know I won't be able to write that quickly :lol: Does your mentor have some sort of tablet or is he just using laptop?

I’m sure we will all find what works best or if not, we can all share our revision techniques here 😄.

And he has both!
Original post by WTSBLG
Hmm that's true, I'm constantly debating on whether or not I should get an iPad specifically. I could definitely make notes on laptop but typing feels rather passive (?) sometimes since I'm so familiar with typing at this point :colonhash:

I know what you mean. The physical act of writing definitely helps me remember better. It's also easier to annotate stuff quickly. I think if you want to go digital and if it's within your budget, iPads are definitely very useful!
No problem.

Can't wait to get discount on New Look and get some uni appropriate clothes :biggrin:
I know what you mean. The physical act of writing definitely helps me remember better. It's also easier to annotate stuff quickly. I think if you want to go digital and if it's within your budget, iPads are definitely very useful!

PRSOM!! :biggrin:
Yep! Apple’s back to school discount is one I am patiently waiting for!

Also can I say, I was always confused by your username (I never actually read it proper, I just letters - weird Ik!) and now I read it. It makes so much sense! IB-kid-in-the-corner. I feel like I’ve deciphered a difficult code.

Omg I can’t believe I didn’t know about this!! Thank you!

Ahaha that’s so funny! It is IB-kid-in-the-corner lol - a joke about my previous dual-pathway school 😂
Apple always do 10% off for students all year around. Over summer they sometimes have additional offers like free air pods for students if you buy a macbook or ipad.

Thank you!! That’s so good!
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
There’s a back to school discount? Sorry I’m not originally from this country ahaha

There should be! Apple hosts it every year. I think the timing of it is different in each country. I think I read America having it earlier on in the year, depending on when school closes for them.
We just need our offer letter :biggrin:
I just stumbled onto this but to add to the digital notes thing; I made 850 pages of digital notes for dental school this year. Imagine the amount of paper you would need instead!
(edited 2 years ago)
Yep! Apple’s back to school discount is one I am patiently waiting for!

Also can I say, I was always confused by your username (I never actually read it proper, I just letters - weird Ik!) and now I read it. It makes so much sense! IB-kid-in-the-corner. I feel like I’ve deciphered a difficult code.

PRSOM 🙈
Original post by hungrysalamander
I just stumbled onto this but to add to the digital notes thing; I made 850 pages of digital notes for dental school this year. Imagine the amount of paper you would need instead!

Wow :eek:
Original post by KA_P
There should be! Apple hosts it every year. I think the timing of it is different in each country. I think I read America having it earlier on in the year, depending on when school closes for them.

I can’t believe I didn’t know about this omg! I was gonna be ‘smart’ and buy my new Mac in NZ because for some reason Apple products are cheaper over there 🤷*♀️
Original post by KA_P
Wow :eek:

Tbf a lot of the pages are just screenshots of lecture slides :lol:. I couldn't be bothered to handwrite everything.
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
I can’t believe I didn’t know about this omg! I was gonna be ‘smart’ and buy my new Mac in NZ because for some reason Apple products are cheaper over there 🤷*♀️

Wow it's cheaper? I wanted to buy tech in India thinking it'd be cheaper but Apple especially us the same price if not more expensive 😭
Original post by hungrysalamander
Tbf a lot of the pages are just screenshots of lecture slides :lol:. I couldn't be bothered to handwrite everything.

That does save a lot of time though ngl :yep:
Doneeee!!
I was tagging people as they came :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending