The Student Room Group

anxiety about climate crisis

i've been reading a lot about climate change on the news and by scientists about how we have 3 years left to stop it and how the earth will be inhabitable by 2050 and it's really stressing me out. i want a family and kids in the future but this has all made that prospect seem pretty bleak. i've done everything i can to be more eco-friendly but it hurts knowing that unless the big oil and fossil fuel corporations do anything, nothing will change- it makes me feel hopeless and worried for the future.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
i've been reading a lot about climate change on the news and by scientists about how we have 3 years left to stop it and how the earth will be inhabitable by 2050 and it's really stressing me out. i want a family and kids in the future but this has all made that prospect seem pretty bleak. i've done everything i can to be more eco-friendly but it hurts knowing that unless the big oil and fossil fuel corporations do anything, nothing will change- it makes me feel hopeless and worried for the future.

Learn to separate hyperbole from facts. Earth becoming uninhabitable is definitely hyperbole. Will it be more difficult to live? Sure. Understand that climate activists sometimes resort to exaggeration to get governments to act. You must look at the science, which has never said that the earth would become uninhabitable anytime soon.
(edited 2 years ago)
There is basically absolutely nothing you can do, as an individual to prevent climate change so there’s no point worrying about it. If we all drown in a massive flood or burn to death because our leaders don’t take action then that is their fault not yours.
Reply 3

The only people likely to die from the impacts of climate change live in the third world. Here in the developed world there is absolutely no science that suggests death.

These kinds of worries are what happens the media narrative is allowed to operate without context.
“Climate scientists” have been issuing the same dramatic predictions since at least the 60s. As much as the media would like you to think, there actually isn’t consensus among scientists on the origins and permanence of climate change. We don’t know the degree to which this is manmade or just part of the world’s natural cycles. Go on and live your life and don’t waste time listening to harpies like Greta Thunberg. Too often they’re either acting on bad interpretations of data or they’re driving some ulterior motive.
Reply 5
Hey, please find a minute to vote for my Team Mobility Marvels.
https://challenge.moonshotpirates.com/vote/mobility-marvels
We are working on a way to eradicate the constant need for fossil fuels, while also providing a way to lower the living cost! You are welcome to watch our idea through the video and vote for us, as we urgently require as many votes as possible to win and turn our idea into a reality.
To vote you’ll have to sign up, after that you’ll receive an activation email and then it will take you to the page. You could search our team with the name Mobility Marvels to cast a vote. 🤝🏻 Do share it with like-minded innovators and people who care about the climate.
Thank you!!
Reply 6
nah the earths gonna collapse. 3% of survival by 2060. kill or be killed
Reply 7
Not if we modify the way we are living. I'm not saying Go Green on any of that. just make little adjustments here and there.
https://challenge.moonshotpirates.com/vote/mobility-marvels
Do look at this video and Vote for Mobility Marvels!!
Reply 8
no thanks :colondollar:
Reply 9
:confused:

no thanks :colondollar:
the earths already old enough. what if it wants to die. i wouldnt want to live for this long
studying geography as all this goes on isnt very optimistic either, like the notion of 'just plant more trees' doesnt work trees dont take in carbon until they mature which takes 20-40 years really
nah trees get high off co2 they take that **** from the womb. dont listen to these myths
nah trees get high off co2 they take that **** from the womb. dont listen to these myths

i'll add that to my essay thank you anon #2
no problem my young apprentice

Quick Reply

Latest