The Student Room Group

Foundation year biomedical science

Is foundation year in biomedical science hard? I'm not sure if I should do biomedical science, kinda want to do it.
Original post by purplezzz
Is foundation year in biomedical science hard? I'm not sure if I should do biomedical science, kinda want to do it.

Hi @purplezzz,

It is great to hear that you are considering studying Biomedical Science.

At the University of Lincoln we offer a Biomedical Science degree where you can do a Science Foundation year prior to if you need to. You can view all the information on both courses here:
Science Foundation Year
Biomedical Science

We also have some students on our UniBuddy site who have gone through this route to study Biomedical Science so you can chat to them if you want to ask them about their experiences.

Any other questions please feel free to get in touch with our enquiries team on: [email protected]

Thanks,

Megan
Y3 BA Education Student
Original post by purplezzz

Hi,

I am a current 3rd year natural sciences student at the uni of Nottingham.

When I was choosing what degree to do I looked through the modules that I would be studying as part of each different degree and at different unis. If the topics you would be studying sound interesting and like something you wouldn't mind studying then I think that is the best way to pick.
As long as you're happy and enjoy what you are studying then you won't mind working as much as something you aren't interested in.

I was personally stuck between degrees so I ended up doing natural sciences. Each uni runs the course slightly differently and offers different subjects to study (including biomedical science). I think the benefit of doing this course is the flexibility to pick exactly what you want to be studying.
At Nottingham it works by choosing 3 subjects in 1st year and dropping down to 2 in 2nd and 3rd year. Subjects that might be of interest to you I think would be Biology, Chemistry, psychology, cancer science but there is also the option to take ecosystems and environment, earth science and archaeology. I have left a link below in case it sounds like something you might be interested in.

Hope this helps,
Emily :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi. do undergraduate degree students do the exams of biomedical science with foundation year in University of East London? When will the exams in foundation be taken, please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending