The Student Room Group

Biomedical science with foundation year

Could anyone suggest any campus universities that do biomedical science with a foundation year in England?
Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam, Birmingham, Salford, UWE, London Met, Bournemouth and Plymouth off the top of my head. Is there any uni you're aiming for in particular? Are you planning to work at the NHS, or go into research? You will need accreditation for the former.
Original post by confuseddork
Could anyone suggest any campus universities that do biomedical science with a foundation year in England?

If you use the following website, you can search for biomed courses and then add your predicted grades so that the foundation courses come up:

https://www.whatuni.com/degree-courses/search?subject=biomedical-sciences

From quick look through the results, some campus unis include Hull, Lincoln, Edge Hill, Reading, Surrey, Keele, etc. Sheffield Hallam isn't really a campus uni.

Hi @confuseddork,

We offer a STEM Foundation Year with progression to our BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science.

Typical offers to join the course are 72-96 UCAS Tariff points, for which no specific subjects are required, plus GCSE Mathematics at Grade C or Grade 4 or above (or equivalent).

We are a campus based University only a 30 minute train journey from Liverpool. You can take a virtual campus tour here or if you would like to visit the campus, we have both upcoming campus tours and open days.

Alternatively, you can also speak to our current students about their experiences at Edge Hill and how they find the atmosphere on campus.

Thanks and best of luck with your future studies,

Melissa- Course Enquiries

Hey @confuseddork!

We offer a BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science with Foundation Year course here at Salford, and are a campus university on the edge on Manchester City Centre so you get the best of both worlds with lots of accessible public transport options! Its great that you're already working out what kind of university you want to study at, so my advice from here would be to take a read through different university webpages about their Biomed courses and see which ones sound interesting to you, and also have a look at entry requirements to see what we all ask for. We typically go by UCAS points (happy to explain more about those if needed!), and are asking for 64 UCAS points for entry onto the course, as well as your GCSE/Level 2 equivalent Maths and English at a grade 4 or C.

One big thing I'd check is that the Biomed courses you're looking at are accredited, as it keeps your options open when you graduate to more fields. Most universities will list this on their websites like ourselves, so should be easy to find!

Let me know if you have any questions about studying at Salford or living around Manchester, happy to advise!
All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending