The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Biological sciences with foundation at QMUL

Got an offer today for the biology foundation programme. ive seen a lot of posts saying qm is a bad uni- awful teaching and career help etc.

so is the biology foundation all that bad? and how is the timetable like for foundation year students
Well done! I have gotten two lowered offers from QMUL for biomedical science Bsc and biochemistry Msci, and have spoken to many biology students who have all said that the uni is great. On an open day I had a long chat with a lovely woman working on her masters I think it was in a biology subject, who showed me lots of different paths they take, and she later ended up in the news for her study on parakeets in London, which she had walked me through on the open day, so long story short, it appears to be a very good uni. It may just be a case of get through the foundation year then enjoy the proper course, but I do think you'd like it in the end. QMUL is my first choice.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by DanaH111
Well done! I have gotten two lowered offers from QMUL for biomedical science Bsc and biochemistry Msci, and have spoken to many biology students who have all said that the uni is great. On an open day I had a long chat with a lovely woman working on her masters I think it was in a biology subject, who showed me lots of different paths they take, and she later ended up in the news for her study on parakeets in London, which she had walked me through on the open day, so long story short, it appears to be a very good uni. It may just be a case of get through the foundation year then enjoy the proper course, but I do think you'd like it in the end. QMUL is my first choice.

ohhh okay thank u for replying!
i saw that hertfordshire uni has the Bsc Pharmacology course that doesnt require A level Chemistry (as i only did bio and not chem) so if i went there i wouldnt need to take the foundation year, i’d just start from year 1 of the degree

but the Bsc pharmacology degree at QMUL requires A level chemistry which is why i have to take the foundation year if i do go there.

which would u say is the better option- go to herts without taking the foundation yr or QM with the foundation (as QM is higher ranked for Pharmacology and in general is a leading research university)??? pls helpp thank uu
hi which one did you end up choosing and if you took the biomedical science foundation course with queen Mary how is it?
Reply 4
I chose Queen Mary as it's a Russell Group uni. I did a foundation year and then progressed to BSc Pharmacology and I'm in second year now. The uni's good in general, quite dead social life but I'm commuting from home so I don't mind.

Hope that helps!

Original post by nikhil27
hi which one did you end up choosing and if you took the biomedical science foundation course with queen Mary how is it?
Reply 5
Original post by floraaax
I chose Queen Mary as it's a Russell Group uni. I did a foundation year and then progressed to BSc Pharmacology and I'm in second year now. The uni's good in general, quite dead social life but I'm commuting from home so I don't mind.Hope that helps!
What grade did you have to be accepted for foundation year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending